Surgery in Ottawa?

Hidingaway
on 7/6/15 7:01 pm

Over a year ago my Dr approved me for weight loss surgery, I got the letter in the mail for my consultation but I never went. I backed out and so wish I hadn't.

what do I do now?

Catw
on 7/7/15 8:05 am - Arnprior, Canada

If I were you, I'd start by calling the clinic.  Tell them your situation (that you weren't ready then but are now), and see where you stand.  They may still have you in the system, or they'll let you know that you need a new referral.

I wish you well on your journey.

Cathy

Bob H.
on 7/9/15 6:46 pm - Nepean, Canada
RNY on 08/12/15

Hi there;

I've been dealing with the Ottawa WMC since 2011 - if they have you in the system, they will let you set up a new appointment - the great thing about them is once you are a referred patient, they always let you come back.

Give them a call - it's worth it and don't feel bad, it takes some of us years to make the decision to go - I have not regretted it yet!

Hidingaway
on 9/20/15 9:30 am

THANKYOU for your message, I go to see Dr in October as my referral was 4 yrs ago.. I didn't think it was that long ago, but apparently it was. You said you are dealing with Ottawa? Have u had surgery? If not when were u referred? Just trying to get an estimate of waiting times. Thanks again ;)

Bob H.
on 9/21/15 7:26 pm - Nepean, Canada
RNY on 08/12/15

HI there - sorry for the delayed response. Yes I deal with the Civic in Ottawa. Initially I went in in 2011 and chose the Optifast path vs surgery. In December 2014 I decided that's it the surgery is the decision - met with Dr. Dent in January and after all the tests and meetings went under the knife August 12th - my only regret? Not doing it in 2011...

Visualize the person you want to be every chance you get - and you can become it!

------------

Century Club Member at 6 months, working on my next 50 years!

Hidingaway
on 9/21/15 7:39 pm

So it took basically 8 months for you?

no worries about getting back to me late, I've messaged so many people on here trying to make friends and get advice. My husband is the only one that knows about my decision as I'm really embarrassed about the surgery. He's fully supportive in whatever I chose but I think I need friends and contacts with others like myself.. I do hope mine goes as fast as yours

so you just had it last month then? Gastric bypass, yes? How are you doing so far? I work in a very large fast paced nursing home and I'm worried about how much time I'll need to be off work

hope you are well and we can be friends, THANKYOU for your words ;)

Most Active
Recent Topics