What are you eating/doing today (Tuesday)

Zizzler
on 8/4/15 5:44 am

Good morning!  Back to work today after a nice vacation, and let me just say "booo!"

Lazy today did not pack a lunch, but I will stay on track anyways, use my protein bars.

11 months post op

b - gnc strawberry protein shake, xl decaf coffee x 2 throughout day

s - simply protein bar

l - protein and veg of some kind

s - another simply bar

d - slice p28 bread with pb and nsa jam and/or  salad

s - cottage cheese with frozen berries, sf syrup

all water and vits

have a nice day!

Patm
on 8/4/15 5:58 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning everyone. Work today. Lots of work but a little boring. We are moving our website to a new format and our 4 course to a new format so Basically I am inputting all day on one or the other. It is a little confusing because the structure has not been fully created for the course so they are kind of a mess. Hopefully this will improve soon.

Home tonight. Cut my calories yesterday which worked until after diner. We have far too much fruit in the house.

b greek yogurt, blueberries

l greek salad with chicken

s almonds

d meatloaf, green beans, salad

s fruit salad

cal 1044, carb 66, prot 86

kellybelly333
on 8/4/15 6:20 am - Toronto, Canada

Good morning all. I'm here, and exhausted from my training. Race is August 30th, and i'm ready for it to be over. LOL. This long weekend I rode 3.5 hours on Saturday, I swam 4 kilometres in Lake Ontarion (brrrrrrrrrr) on Sunday, and yesterday I rode two hours and ran for 30 km. Ross was out in the canoe while I swam, and the waves were three feet or so. He could hardly keep the canoe from tipping. Good thing he still has his skills from when he used to race (canoe and kayaking). 

I'm at peak training, and my last big ride is Saturday, and i'll do the full 180 km. I'm riding to my mom's house in Peterborough....and travelling all over the place before I get there, to get the mileage in. 

Anyhow, just thought i'd pop in and say hi. I won't write down what i'm eating. There are things like pasta on my menu, and it's almost non-stop real actual hunger....and the weight stays the same. DO not try this at home kids. LOL I have the relief of my other tri-buddies telling me that they all feel the same way. Almost makes me feel.....normal!? What? lol

That's it for me. Love to you all!

Kel 

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Patm
on 8/4/15 8:04 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I am exhausted just reading this. LOL. As for Lake Ontario I could not take the cold water.

kellybelly333
on 8/4/15 9:14 am - Toronto, Canada

LOL. Thank God for my wetsuit. The only parts that were cold were my hands, feet and face. Didn't quite take my breath away, but close!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Roma
on 8/3/15 11:45 pm, edited 8/3/15 11:45 pm
RNY on 06/15/15

Good morning everyone.

The insomnia bug is catching, I couldn't sleep until 3am last night.  I wonder if it's somehow connected to WLS? Weird. 

I have a mini victory to report! I navigated the family Bbq food gauntlet yesterday without doing too much damage or making myself sick. A deviled egg and 1/2 burger with mustard were my best friends. What a relief. 

And my eats today are :

7 weeks post op 

B premier protein shake 

S Decaf coffee with soy milk 

L turkey, swiss, and avocado roll ups with dijon 

D roasted chicken and a few green beans 

S yogurt with SF raspberry jam 

Referral: 8/14; Orientation TWH: 12/14; Nurse: 01/15; SW, Dietician, Psych: 2/15; Surgeon: 5/15; RNY: June 15/2015

Patm
on 8/4/15 8:05 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congratulations. Family events can be hard

Roma
on 8/4/15 8:10 am
RNY on 06/15/15

Thanks so much!

Referral: 8/14; Orientation TWH: 12/14; Nurse: 01/15; SW, Dietician, Psych: 2/15; Surgeon: 5/15; RNY: June 15/2015

Zizzler
on 8/4/15 5:34 pm

Its hard to say, lots of people suffer from insomnia both before and after surgery, but I have heard a lot of complaints about it.  I wonder if it is because our bodies need less sleep now and have more energy?  Congrats on the bbq victory, I know it can be tough, especially this early out.  your turkey swiss avocado rolls sound awesome, going to have to try that combo.

new_me180
on 8/4/15 8:35 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Morning everyone. Had a good sleep and still tired. Was woken up by the nurse who called to do my pre-op for surgery next week. Never had surgery before by-pass now, going onto my fourth in less than 2yrs, Hopefully my last, well until i have my plastics.

Ok, i have a question. I'm happy with the way i look now minus the excess skin but, i'd like for the numbers to be down maybe 10lb. Although when i'm 10lb lower, i look gaunt and sick. How do you decide or find that happy medium? I'm still between 172-176 depending on the day. Any insight will be appreciated.

Today I have to take my writ assessment online for school. At least i'll be home. Wish me luck.

21 months post op

B - 28g bran buds, 1/4 banana, 1/2 cup almond milk

L - 2.5oz chicken breast, 1/2 cup green beans

S - 1.5oz ground turkey, slice dempsters thin

D - veg omelette, 2 slices bacon 

S - 2oz chicken breast, maybe some milk later

Totals: 752cals, 42 carbs, 28 fat, 81 protein

Have a great day all, Nia

Most Active
Recent Topics