Day 1 of Opti.....

BlakeandLillysMummy
on 8/19/15 12:31 pm - Canada

is almost done!!!!
just one more shake to go, and I made it through Day 1.... that first shake this morning I thought was going to be the death of me.. Took me an hour to choke down.....  I have had three shakes now, two vanilla and 1 chocolate... I had coconut extract in the first one, and it was hard to drink.. but plain was even harder.... 2nd one was plain chocolate and I gulped it down.. but found that I was starving really quickly afterwards.... 3rd one is vanilla with the Fuze Black Tea w/Peach drops and it is DELICIOUS!!!!!!  Yep I said DELICIOUS.. not quite sure how I am going to make it through the next two weeks... I am really hungry.. does this hunger go away as you get used to it???

Luckily, I can eat 2 cups of green veggies and broth in the day as well, so I have had some cucumbers and will make a "Soup" for dinner tomorrow night as well with Brocoli/celery/peppers and broth.... hopefully this will help trick my brain into thinking I'm actually eating!!!!!

Any other pointers/tips for surviving Opti.

My surgery is Sept 1st at Humber w/ Dr. Hagen.. My husband is also having surgery that same day... any other surgery buddies on that day at Humber?  Or elsewhere???

H.

Referral: May 2014 Orientation: Sept 26 (HRRH): 1st Surgeon Appt: Feb 13 (Sohi @ HRRH) : Dietician/Social Worker/RN: March 25, 2015  Dr. Glazier - May 12, 2015  2nd Surgeon Appointment (Dr. Hagen) - June 1, 2015 -  Start Opti - August 19, 2015 - SURGERY SEPTEMBER 1, 2015  - HW 270lbs OW - 256.6 SW: 244.6

Catw
on 8/19/15 12:38 pm - Arnprior, Canada

There is a "surviving Opti" thread in the Ontario Recipes forum, for adding flavours.  Other than that, my best tip is to schedule your shakes (divide your day so that you are drinking them at equal intervals), and drink lots of water in between.  The water will help the hunger.  And you shouldn't feel hungry after a couple days.

Cathy

MonaLisaSmile
on 8/19/15 12:59 pm - Canada

After a few days you will find the flavour combinations you like the best, and likely stick to those.  Not sure if you are using a "bullet" with lots of ice---that's what I liked, and the Torani sugar free syrups.  I also was able to have the greens- which was nice.  I was loving the cucumbers and broccoli. CRUNCH CRUNCH!!!   I liked the opti stage... however the 2 days clear fluid before surgery...wasn't so pleasant  . Its true after day 3/4 the hunger subsides and the mood improves.  I had a ton of energy and didn't feel bloated for the first time in a long time.

I think that you and your hubby on the same day is AWESOME!!!!   What an amazing adventure to share!!!!!  Makes meal preps and everyday life around the house sooo less complicated.  All the best to you both 

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

This G.
on 8/20/15 9:38 am - Canada

I'm on day 3, and for me I have head hunger but I'm not actually hungry. We're on vacation so people are having bacon every day and delicious smelling food so even if I'm full my heads like, hey food, what's up? 

Haha

Surgeon: Dr Hagen. Start Opti Aug 18th. Surgery Sept 1st 2015

BlakeandLillysMummy
on 8/20/15 10:02 am - Canada

I am supposed to be on day 3, but we started a day late since we had previously made plans for a big family dinner (with out of town guests)for the 18th, so Dr. Hagen's assistant said it was okay to start a day late!!!  Today is going much better, but I have to admit it is really hard being at home (and a work) when other people are eating really deliscious smelling foods... so I can only imagine what its like on vacation!!!!

I have been slowly munching on cucumbers today, so that is helping... I don't find that I am actually hungry, but I am starting to feel super bloated.. all this liquid is killing me!!!!!  I have enjoyed my shakes today... this morning I have a Vanilla Opti with French Vanilla extract, it was good, but for lunch I had a chocolate opti with Banana extract.. it tasted like a fudgesicle!!!  It was delish!!!!  

:)

Referral: May 2014 Orientation: Sept 26 (HRRH): 1st Surgeon Appt: Feb 13 (Sohi @ HRRH) : Dietician/Social Worker/RN: March 25, 2015  Dr. Glazier - May 12, 2015  2nd Surgeon Appointment (Dr. Hagen) - June 1, 2015 -  Start Opti - August 19, 2015 - SURGERY SEPTEMBER 1, 2015  - HW 270lbs OW - 256.6 SW: 244.6

Most Active
Recent Topics