A new Bra, finally!!

Zizzler
on 8/30/15 1:25 pm

Thanks for the info re additionelle sizing.  The trouble for me is not finding the correct cup and band size, its getting one that has enough support all around so "stuff" does not pop out where I do not want it to.  Just about every bra is the same, flimsy and no support around the sides, thin straps that don't really support, wires that poke me, seams that show under clothing, etc.  It is a nightmare, even at regular sizes I find it really hard.  I always thought of vs and lver as having the flimsy beautiful bras rather than the practical comfortable ones?  I could be wrong as I have not stepped foot in either since I can remember.

Zizzler
on 8/30/15 8:10 am

Thanks Kittykatt1329 that place in westboro sounds good They have their own sizing system, that is interesting.  I have not been to Marianne's since pre-op over a year ago, that is too bad the service is not great and your bra did not fit right.  I am wondering if maybe I need to go down a size in the cup, maybe that is why they are so flat lately.  Maybe I am a 36B now?  Might take a trip to Walmart and see if this is the case.  Not an amazing bra but the price is right as long as it does the job.

Kittykatt1329
on 8/30/15 12:39 pm - Alfred, Canada

Yes I have not tried 34b at Walmart. Militant that I see there are for young girls that show cleavage and well going from triple d to what I have is just long bean bags and if don't have support will fall out.  I was just across border last month and I picked up a sports bra that fits perfectly (don't have same ones in Canada) so I wale at that a lot as I don't want to wear out bra I bought at bra chic and expensive almost $100. I almost had a heart attack when I was paying for it 

Zizzler
on 8/30/15 1:30 pm

Ha ha, I hear you about the long bean bags.  Almost all the bras at Walmart do not work, the one I posted the link for is the only one that was acceptable to me.  Most of the bras are frilly and cute but do nothing if you need real support.  I wish we had the selection they have in the states - bras, yogurt, you name it they have a better selection over there.  100 for a bra is expensive but at least it fits eh?  Someone mentioned The Bay will fit you, I might try there too, see what they have.  The biggest problem I have is finding one that covers me enough at the sides so my extra skin does not pop out there.  Anyone else have this issue?

(deactivated member)
on 8/30/15 2:34 pm - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

The I got supports and holds really nicely.  The salesgirl had me try on several models and the soft cup fit best and holds all in vs the padded that does not.  Try a soft cup next time, :)

kimber291
on 8/30/15 10:01 pm - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

Have you ladies tried La Senza bras? I have a few and they are very comfy and do offer support to hold all those jiggly bits in lol. I'm not sure of their sizing though.  

Thank god I had a reduction back in 2007. I cannot even imagine what I'd have right now for boobs. Even now when I lie flat my ribs and scar tissue stick out more then the girls do. They are somewhere between pancakes and a small ant hill lol. 

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

SURGERY!!!! FEBRUARY 11th 2014.

Rita I.
on 8/31/15 12:15 am - Canada

Try Lane Bryant in the states as well. There are a few locations in Buffalo and then once you know your size they ship to Canada. Good luck in your search!

Orientation @TWH Nov 24, 2014 // Surgery @ TWH Aug 31, 2015

Most Active
Recent Topics