Got my surgery date!

Tara Sauders
on 9/16/15 1:29 pm, edited 9/16/15 1:30 pm - Canada

November 18th at 1pm with Dr.Klein at the new Humber location. Two weeks of Opti  starting Nov 4th.  Also, I don't have to have a long PATT appointment at the hospital. They do everything by phone interview now and just book a date for blood work only.  I feel so much better just knowing when surgery is now. The next two months are going to fly by!

HW=268.6; Opti day 1=268.6; SW=254.6; Referral Aug 2014; Orientation at HRRH Feb 13, 2015; Meet Dr.Klein July 23; Dr.Glazer Aug 6; SW & RD Sept 3rd; RN Oct 23rd; 2nd Dr.Klein Sept 16; PATT call Oct 8th; Start Opti Oct 21; PATT appt Oct 23rd; RNY 12:00pm Nov 4, 2015

MonaLisaSmile
on 9/16/15 1:38 pm - Canada

Good for you Tara S!!!!!   Time DOES fly by.......it will be here before you know it !!!

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

B-Trix123
on 9/16/15 6:13 pm - Toronto, Canada

I applaud their efficiency re: phone appt! I came down from the cottage for my pre-op appt to meet with an anesthesiologist who wasn't in the OR when I got there, plus a nurse who gave me instructions for my CPAP equipment that was inconsistent with how it was dealt with on the day of surgery. Could have done blood work up north and called the rest of it in! I would have preferred that they sent me a questionnaire to completeso I could access correct info on my laptop about my history.

I saw this story on CTV on the new hosp last week http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/first-fully-digital-hospital-in-north-america-to-open-in-toronto-1.2556356

Very high tech! Looking forward to hearing what your experience will be at this facility.

Patm
on 9/17/15 5:26 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good luck. I have added you to the surgery list

christinaYR
on 9/20/15 5:30 pm

Hey there Tara. Can you share with me how you went about getting the cancellation apt. I am done my orientation st Humber and called to see if I could get on a cancelled apt list and their response was wait your turn and they were kinda snark about my call. Did you get an early apt for the intern surgeon or the trio?

I'd love some specific advice about what you asked for and when so I too can be successful in bumping up the timeline 😃

Thanks 

Tara Sauders
on 9/21/15 4:45 am - Canada

It was Dr.Glazer (the internist) who squeezed me in for an earlier appointment.  After I got my original appt for Nov 12th, I called to see about getting on a cancellation list and she managed to have an appointment later that week that she gave me.  Everyone I spoke to said that I was extremely lucky to get through him so fast.  I wasn't successful at all in bumping up any of the trio appointments. They told me they put my name on a cancellation list but I don't know if I really believe them or not.  I find it depends who answers the phone there whether or not you get treated nicely. There is one person who always goes out of her way to be helpful and check things out and the other that always makes me feel like I am disturbing her and wasting her time.  

HW=268.6; Opti day 1=268.6; SW=254.6; Referral Aug 2014; Orientation at HRRH Feb 13, 2015; Meet Dr.Klein July 23; Dr.Glazer Aug 6; SW & RD Sept 3rd; RN Oct 23rd; 2nd Dr.Klein Sept 16; PATT call Oct 8th; Start Opti Oct 21; PATT appt Oct 23rd; RNY 12:00pm Nov 4, 2015

Most Active
Recent Topics