Choices of food question

peacebypiece
on 10/1/15 2:26 pm

Hi all:

I have been reading your posts about what you are eating etc as I get ready to have surgery (still months away:))

I have noticed that many of you have a few "regular" items in your daily plans along with some changes here and there.

I know everyone is different---I am wondering if people have found that having a recurring menu helps to stay on track...just wanting to check and see if my observations make any sense:))

Thanks for your help!

Patm
on 10/1/15 2:36 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

The simple answer is yes  and no. Some people especially if they like to cook make some great meals. I tend to freeze lots of stuff because there is just my husband and I and we can never finish a recipe in one sitting. So especially for breakfast and lunch when I do not want to think about what I will eat I like to have some items I can just grab.

On weekends when I have more time I will often try new recipes

lammytee14
on 10/2/15 11:08 am

I enjoy routine as I did before surgery so I stick to regular items. I mix things up by varying the flavour of the little tins of tuna I eat for lunch and the Greek yogurts I eat for snacks. (I know...I'm a wild woman! LOL)

I got used to tracking things for the first couple of months so it's become my new normal. I don't journal as much during the past few weeks but I make sure I do when my routine is off to ensure I'm getting enough protein in on that day.

I hope this helps.

Tammy :)

Surgery on March 16, 2015 with Dr. Yelle (Ottawa)

HW: 245 (2012) SW: 233 CW: 141 Goal Range (by Surgeon): 149-179  

Holy Smokes! I've lost 100 pounds from my heaviest weight! Yay me!!!

peacebypiece
on 10/2/15 3:39 pm

Thanks for your replies...helps me in my planning and thinking! Appreciate you taking the time to reply!!

(deactivated member)
on 10/2/15 4:36 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

In the early days post op, sticking to a few staples is really good and it's easy to stay on track that way. Once you are on regular food and can eat from all food groups including raw veggies/fruits, you can switch it up. I have about 30 regular meals in my arsenal that make the list every month and then I will throw in a few new ones to try. Routine helps a lot.

Seyenna
on 10/4/15 3:12 pm - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

I never thought of it but I guess that I'm really guilty of doing this. It definitely helps when you know what the stats are in your food. Maybe I should shake my menu up a bit... lol. I'm not finding it boring though, so who knows. I just don't put as much thought into eating as I used to.

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

Most Active
Recent Topics