30lbs regain...nothing is working

longjourney23
on 12/6/15 10:31 am

hey all...I'm 4 years out and have a regain of 30lbs. I have tried everything to lose it again but since my pregnancy (son was 2 in July) nothing seems to work. 

Im calling my bariatric clinic tomorrow but wasn't sure if anyone could shed some light. 

Thanks 

christinaYR
on 12/6/15 1:18 pm

check out bariatric eating.com BOT plan. others seem to have great success getting back to basics Luke you did post op to get your body retrained.

HW 288 Orientation Humber River 8/15

White Dove
on 12/6/15 3:43 pm - Warren, OH

That site sells protein shakes.  I followed them for years and not one of them was ever successful with the BOT diet plan, but they did sell lots of shakes.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Chickenboob
on 12/6/15 3:38 pm - Rockland, Canada

You are not alone. I am in the same boat. I had regained60 pounds. thankfully half of it is gine since early September. It's hard, hard work, not easy like before, but it can be done. BAck to basics!

RNY 2011/07/26 HW 338; SW 301; LW 199; Starting over weight 255; CW 212; GOAL #1 lose regain back to 199 lbs!

White Dove
on 12/6/15 3:40 pm - Warren, OH

It is called Bounceback and is the body's way of recovering from its experience of being starved.  Most people gain back 20 pounds during the third year after surgery.  Some Bounceback more.  There is only one way to lose it and that is by cutting calories.

I cut to 900 calories a day to lose a pound a week.  It would take me about six months on 900 calories plus exercise to lose 30 pounds.  I weigh my portions, track every bite on My Fitness Pal and weigh daily.

It is harder to lose after the big surgical weight loss.  Our bodies become very efficient at holding on to every calorie.  Before surgery I could do Weigh****chers and lose seven pounds in a week.  Now I have to work hard to lose one pound and it is very easy to gain.

longjourney23
on 12/7/15 4:05 am

Hi White Dove....could you possibly give me some examples of your daily food? I'm awesome at following the proper food..as long as I have it all planned and prepared. 

Thank you to everyone that has responded!! Means a lot to me!!!!!!

Chickenboob
on 12/6/15 3:49 pm - Rockland, Canada

White Dove was actually the person who got me back on track.

RNY 2011/07/26 HW 338; SW 301; LW 199; Starting over weight 255; CW 212; GOAL #1 lose regain back to 199 lbs!

White Dove
on 12/7/15 5:30 am, edited 12/6/15 9:28 pm - Warren, OH

You can Google Atkins Induction and follow that for two weeks.  You will be eating no bread, rice, potatoes, cereal, cookies, crackers, noodles or pasta.  Nothing made with sugar or flour.  Cheeses are allowed but you need to be extremely careful with the carb count.  I cannot eat cheese during induction and lose.

Your meals will be only meat and you can eat as much meat, eggs, and fish as you want.  You need to determine which meats and fish you really like.  I am currently using Kentucky Legend pre-sliced ham.  When I finish that I am going to try their pre-sliced turkey.  I look for convenience as well as great taste.

You need to weigh everything and track it in MyFitnessPal, but you don't have to worry about calories on the Induction Plan.  Make sure you eat enough so you are not hungry.  In addition to things like steak, roast, ham, pork, bacon, fish, hamburger, eggs and cheeses you will have salads.  Drink as much water as possible.  Keep your carb count between 18 and 22 per day.  That is the key to the rapid weight loss.

You will lose at least ten pounds doing this for two weeks.  Weigh yourself daily and keep that habit for life.

life_mirrors_art
on 12/7/15 1:18 pm - Canada

Hi White Dove,

After the initial two weeks, do you continue to follow the Atkins program? Do you increase the carbs to about 50/day, or ?

I have lost 116 lbs so far, have another 26 lbs to go, and have been stuck within a five pound range for the last six months or so, which implies I'm in maintenance. Since I'm eating about 1200-1400 cal/day right now (I track calories and protein on MFP) but am not very active due to arthritis, the Atkins Induction sounds like a good way to get the scale moving again.

I suspect that when I reach my goal weight, I will have to keep my daily calories to a range of 1000-1100, but GETTING to the goal weight is my issue right now.

Any other suggestions?  Thanks!

RNY on June 23, 2014  -  HW: 280, SW: 230, CW: 166, GW: 140

White Dove
on 12/7/15 3:07 pm - Warren, OH

I would either try the Atkins or reduce the calories by 500 a day. 

Most Active
Recent Topics