6 days post op questions ?

NorthernKat
on 12/13/15 8:54 pm

I am finding it INCREDIBLY hard to drink & intake what I should be. 

I do it over hours and very little at a time but am still SOOOOO gasy I seriously burp after every bite of soup or every drink of water.

Does this go away or is this the new normal??? It's very uncomfortable. ....

White Dove
on 12/14/15 1:09 am - Warren, OH

Concentrate on getting in your water.  It is the only thing that matters at six days out.  It gets much easier every day.  If you cannot get in food, your body will be forced to burn its fat as fuel.  If you do not get enough water you will become dehydrated.  Keep sipping and don't worry about food.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

MyLifeRNYWay
on 12/14/15 3:34 pm
RNY on 12/04/15

It will go away. Not to get too personal, but it depends it you had you first bowel movement. For me this is what made the whole difference. Prior to that, I was burping after everything and any liquids consumed before bed would come out of my mouth during my sleep, I was also feeling really full after each sip of anything. Once the bowel movement happened, the whole system was working again. Otherwise the gas pushes everything up. For me, Senokot and stool softener prescribed at hospital worked on 5th day post op.

Referral: Aug 27/14, Orientation TWH: Jan 28/15, Social Worker: Apr 17/15, Nurse Practitioner: Jul 9/15, Nutrition Class: Jul 14/15, Psychologist: Aug 18/15, Nutritionist: Aug 28/15, Surgeon: Oct 2/15, RNY Surgery: Dec 4/15

LeslieT
on 12/14/15 4:43 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/22/15

I was gassy for weeks whenever I drank particularly. Now I still belch when I eat but it's usually a sign that I'm getting full. It will decrease as time passes and if it doesn't, you'll just get used to it.

Highest: 250 - 30 pounds lost pre-op - Surgery Weight: 220 Current: 156 Goal: 145

Alligator
on 12/16/15 12:25 pm

I'm two days post op and there's no way I can get everything in.  I've got one doze of calcium in and one of multi vit.  I've drank one bottle of water and a little bit of soup.  I feel like I'll burst if I have anything else.

Alligator

Most Active
Recent Topics