Quinoa?

Dar_Tay
on 1/7/16 12:48 pm - Canada

Hi everyone.. day 4 of Optifast, going well, actually do not mind the taste of either with some flavourings etc.

So in preparation for stage 2, I was wondering if quinoa would be acceptable instead of oatmeal? I know the value of oatmeal, however it is just something I do not enjoy at all.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Meggles07
on 1/7/16 3:57 pm - Canada

Are you thinking for the full fluid or puree stage? I personally couldn't stomach oatmeal at that point, and definitely wouldn't have been able to handle quinoa. I find it chewier. Even when I did try oatmeal it was watered down with milk and I still felt queasy. I love quinoa now though (10 months out). 

Meg~

lammytee14
on 1/7/16 5:40 pm

Have you tried steel cut oats? I prefer the taste and texture of that instead of oatmeal.

Tammy :)

Surgery on March 16, 2015 with Dr. Yelle (Ottawa)

HW: 245 (2012) SW: 233 CW: 141 Goal Range (by Surgeon): 149-179  

Holy Smokes! I've lost 100 pounds from my heaviest weight! Yay me!!!

Dar_Tay
on 1/7/16 7:02 pm - Canada

Thanks so much for the responses! It is for stage 2 that I was referring to because they allow oatmeal, cream of rice etc.  I just can't handle any of this.  I've tried the steel oats and same reaction. Funny though when making oatmeal cookies I love the batter! haha!! Wonder why!! :)

I love quinoa but I agree that it is grainier. I once made it and put skim milk, raisins, cinnamon on it. very yummy.  I guess if I can ma**** down it would be okay. Or, maybe I'll just stick to yogurt. 2 weeks isn't that long before I can try some pureed stuff .

Thanks again

Most Active
Recent Topics