What are you eating /doing today (Thursday)

Patm
on 2/18/16 6:06 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I was concerned about the number of carbs showing in my soup yesterday. I went back to my recipe and fitness pal was wrong. It was almost double what I actually ate. So I have now added in the corrected recipe for next time. I do not have enough calories or protein in my menu. I will have to add something probably to my dinner but not sure what right now. I think I may got to the store at lunch and get some cheese to add to my afternoon snack to bring up the protein. I guess this is why making a menu is important to make sure I am getting all the protein I need

I am down 2.5 lbs so the going back to basics is working. I know so far it is mostly water weight but I will take it. It encourages me to continue.

No exercise today except some walking.

b greek yogurt, blueberries

l chili, sf chocolate pudding

s apple

d chicken, salad

s laughing cow, breton crackers

cal 787, carb 95, fatr 20 prot 55

new_me180
on 2/18/16 8:06 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Congrats on the lose Pat. Long may it continue. I'm trying not to get derailed either. So far so good, lets see how the rest of the week holds. I noticed that MFP can be way wrong sometimes. I always scan or enter the nutrients manually when making a recipe first time.

B - coffee 5% cream, 2 boiled eggs

S - 1/2 cup 1% milk

L - 2oz pork ribs, 1/3 cup green beans, 1/3 cup rice

S - 3oz salmon

D - 2oz braised koren ribs, 1/3 cup mustard greens, 1/4 cup corm meal

S - something protein 

Have a great day all, Nia.

Zizzler
on 2/18/16 4:07 pm

Good evening everyone.  Pat your menu looks good, congratulations on your loss.  I find eating more protein and lower carbs really helps with cravings as long as I stick with it.  Had a good eating day today except for some diet pepsi, not the greatest.  So happy to be done my exam so I can relax again, and its always easier to stay on track with my eating when I am not super stressed.  I bought a new protini snack the other day, it was cheddar cheese, turkey deli meat, and 4 crackers.  I really like the protein to cracker ratio, only 5g carbs and 10g protein per container.  http://www.protinis.ca/en/product.html

18 months post op

b - gnc chocolate protein shake, decaf coffee

s - 2 homemade low carb high protein peanut butter cookies

l - toppings off a slice of meat pizza, later...diet pepsi

s - plain liberte greek yogurt with sf mango peach nesfruta, I really like this one in yogurt

d - leftover chicken and beef meat-only chilli with a few edamame beans and old cheddar cheese

s - more chili if I get hungry, later...sf lemonade

all water and vits, have a nice evening...

Patm
on 2/19/16 6:16 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I was really stressed yesterday and found the same thing. Looking for something to make it better. The odd diet pepsi I am sure won't due to much harm. Hope the exam went well

Zizzler
on 2/19/16 1:24 pm

The exam went ok but I will have to redo it to get the level I am aiming for.  Missed it by 2 points! Doh!  Almost there!

Patm
on 2/19/16 1:30 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Wow 2 points that must be hard. Hope you can get what you need

Zizzler
on 2/19/16 4:50 pm

Very frustrating but I am determined :0)

Most Active
Recent Topics