Need help - Excess skin removal 3 years post op

amyzing
on 2/18/16 8:26 am

HI All,

I had my surgery 3 years ago today, and have lost 160lbs, and have kept it off for over a year. I have lots of excess skin, and would love a panniculectomy. My family doctor doesn't know anything about the process. Any help? How can I get this done and have it covered by OHIP?

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Amy

(deactivated member)
on 2/18/16 8:33 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Your GP refers you to a plastic surgeon that works with OHIP.  The plastic surgeon sees you and will assess whether you may qualify and they send in the paperwork to get approval.  I didn't use a surgeon who works with OHIP so can't give you his name.  If you mention where you live, others can likely give you names of surgeons that work with OHIP.  I know Dr. Nandagopal in Scarborough does but no idea who else does.

amyzing
on 2/18/16 8:41 am

Thank you for that information! I live in Kitchener. My GP did refer me to a plastic surgeon, but he did not work with OHIP. Maybe someone on here can recommend someone for me:)

Diminishing Dawn
on 2/18/16 7:04 pm - Windsor, Canada

Dr matic in London was Awesome. I had a tummy tuck with him last October.  

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Nikki101
on 2/19/16 4:03 am - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

Following this is like to know about ohip funded one as Well for when the time comes. 

Most Active
Recent Topics