Measuring food during Pureed stage

canadianmommyof2
on 2/27/16 11:59 am
RNY on 03/16/16

Hi there, 

I'll be having my surgery in a couple weeks. But I'm preparing food now for the pureed stage. 

I have bought some soup for after, but mainly vegetable soup. I'm pureeing chicken separately and freezing it. How do I measure or the chicken/protein ?  I would thaw out the chicken and measure it per grams and add it to the soup/pureed vegetable,  is that correct?  Or is there any need to measure out the protein during the age? In our binder it says to.have about 60-80 grms of protein. 

I'm nervous because I don't want to do anything wrong. 

Any help would  be much appreciated! 

Thanks,

Jen

Seyenna
on 2/27/16 5:23 pm - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Early out, a can of soup was like 3-4 meals, lol. Don't over buy. I threw out most of what I picked up because my taste buds changed and I had no interest in any of it. I use myfitnesspal to get protein content on foods if they're not listed.

I'm not sure if that entirely answers your question, but I found that VERY early on my biggest struggle was to get my water in, not the protein. Good luck!

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

canadianmommyof2
on 2/27/16 6:42 pm
RNY on 03/16/16

No that helps!  Thanks. Didn't even think about the water aspect either. 

B-Trix123
on 2/27/16 7:27 pm - Toronto, Canada

Like Syenna says -- http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ It's the best tool in my bag of tricks!

canadianmommyof2
on 2/28/16 8:57 am
RNY on 03/16/16

Thanks. I downloaded it last week due to what I've read. That should help 

(deactivated member)
on 3/2/16 5:51 am

Purred chicken or meat sounds super gross but I'm not speaking from experience. Does it actually taste good?

canadianmommyof2
on 3/2/16 6:03 am
RNY on 03/16/16

I don't know I haven't had it as yet.i tried a tiny bite when I pureed it it taste like roast chicken  (quiche it was). My surgery is not for two weeks so the pureed stage is not for a while 

sneezy6145
on 3/4/16 7:42 pm

I have my apt, later this month with the dietitian and I was going to ask about baby food for the puree stage. I will need protein supplements cause I don't see me eating pureed meats. Baby food is pureed, no spices, and pre measured. Just an idea. :)

Most Active
Recent Topics