Day 12 of Optifast and feeling guilty

canadianmommyof2
on 3/14/16 4:29 pm
RNY on 03/16/16

I'm on day 12 of Optifast and it's sooo hard!  I should have come to guys earier but didn't think of it (sorry).

I have dipped my finger in the food to get a taste and also had miniscule  bites not worth mentioning but now I'm feeling bad,  of course. It was so hard because of having to feed my two children and smelling the food.

I hope I haven't hurt myself.  I've lost 15 pounds so far, and down from180 units of insulin to 5 units each time I have one more day until surgery.

I just wanted to confess. Feeling guilty and bad.

Feel free to be harsh I can take it! ?

sneezy6145
on 3/14/16 5:21 pm

No need for guilt or ridicule.  You're almost there! Hold on! 

canadianmommyof2
on 3/14/16 6:01 pm
RNY on 03/16/16

Thanks snsezy6145 foryour kind words! Almost there,  one more day! 

MonaLisaSmile
on 3/14/16 5:29 pm - Canada

You are human...no need for anyone  to be harsh.  You already know you made a slip...you feel bad about it. .. now you move on....and tomorrow you choose differently .   You know that in the end any cheating  just makes you feel bad, guilty and disappointed....so next time you will do better. End of story.

It hard..and it's all about learning.  One day at a time my dear

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

canadianmommyof2
on 3/14/16 6:05 pm
RNY on 03/16/16

Thanks Monalisasmile! Yes I guess it's normal to feel bad and guilty. One more day of Optifast then surgery!

But I think the shrinking of the liver and lower insulin dose has also helped some of my health problems -like the skin darkening. My complexion has finally gone back to normal! One good result so far! 

Patm
on 3/15/16 6:27 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I am not suggesting you feel bad but perhaps look at it as a learning curve. You are going to be tempted for the rest of your life. You need to find coping skills for the future. Use the resources at your centre for help

canadianmommyof2
on 3/15/16 7:05 am
RNY on 03/16/16

Will do! I know there comes a lot of head hunger  (as the brain was never touched) so I know I have to find a coping skill to deal with this. I don't want to gain weight I want to lose. 

Thanks for your reply. 

Most Active
Recent Topics