Plastics Questions

BlakeandLillysMummy
on 3/22/16 6:25 am - Canada

Hey Ladies, 

Haven't been on here in awhile, but hoping you wonderful ladies can help me out. 

I am only 6.5 months out, but have already lost 97.2lbs... OMG cannot believe it.  I know that to be considered for plastics they want you at a stable weight for a period of time (what is that period)... My Goal weight is literally 2.8lbs from where I am now... My surgeon has told me to aim for 140, which is what I'm looking at trying to achieve once I hit my 100lbs lost mark....  

What I am interested in, is how much plastics costs.. i know it is something I am going to need to have done, the skin is ridiculous already, and I want to start saving because it is going to take a long time to save for it, and want to be prepared... would it be beneficial for me to go and meet with a plastic surgeon to see what they recommend for me to have done, so I can get an actual estimate of the cost??

What do you ladies suggest and what have you had done and how much did it cost, if you don't mind me asking.. you can private message me if you don't want it all over the board....  

Referral: May 2014 Orientation: Sept 26 (HRRH): 1st Surgeon Appt: Feb 13 (Sohi @ HRRH) : Dietician/Social Worker/RN: March 25, 2015  Dr. Glazier - May 12, 2015  2nd Surgeon Appointment (Dr. Hagen) - June 1, 2015 -  Start Opti - August 19, 2015 - SURGERY SEPTEMBER 1, 2015  - HW 270lbs OW - 256.6 SW: 244.6

Leslie W.
on 3/22/16 1:17 pm - Cobourg, Canada

Most Plastics will want you at a stable weight for at least 6 months so you have time yet to wait. I would recommend that you start documenting any skin issues such as rashes or sores under panni and breasts. Take pictures and see your doctor. Not all plastics work with OHIP so you want to find someone who does. If you qualify for a panni which is the removal of skin below bellybutton that hangs over your pubis then it is no cost as long as surgeon works with OHIP and OHIP approves. You will have the option to upgrade to a TT or lower body lift at a cost. The costs vary depending on amount of skin, OR time etc... For an upgrade to TT you are probably looking at about $6000 -$8000 plus hospital costs which could be another $7000. There are options out there to have done at a plastic clinic which could save $$.

I'll have spent close to $30 000 by the time I am finsihed

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Needanewbeginning
on 3/22/16 1:57 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

My upgraded tummy tuck with lipo of flanks and monsplasty was $5500.00, including OR and hospital admin fees. The panni was covered by OHIP. True, not all surgeons will go through OHIP, it's a chore to get approval but it can be done.

You can pm me if you would like to chat live.

Annette 

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Jyle
on 3/22/16 6:41 pm - kitchener, Canada

Hi there - I was in a similar position to where you are now 3 years ago. I met with 3 surgeons, picked the one I wanted. Then I had to save and lose the last 10 pounds, one thing and another happened and now I'm ready to do it. I'm having a LBL (Lower Body Lift) that's $12k (up $2k from the previous quote in 2013) all in and a breast reduction under Ohip at the same time. Hope this helps

Most Active
Recent Topics