Wine

Smallermenow
on 3/29/16 7:47 pm

Is a shot glass amount of red wine really that harmful at 11 months out?  I have pretty much reached my goal weight.  I have had no real problems.  I dont mean I want to turn into an alcoholic, just to have a little wine with friends. 

Julie

Monica9811
on 3/30/16 6:20 am - Peterborough, Canada

I would just make sure you have your first taste of alcohol at home so you know how it will affect you. Alcohol in moderation is fine. Just don't over do it or make it a habit. 

Monica9811
on 3/30/16 6:22 am - Peterborough, Canada

I would just make sure you have your first taste of alcohol at home so you know how it will affect you. Alcohol in moderation is fine. Just don't over do it or make it a habit.

Patm
on 3/30/16 6:59 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

What Monica said is good advice. Also keep in mind it is empty calories.If you track your food be sure to add it in

Catw
on 3/30/16 7:01 am - Arnprior, Canada

As Monica said, take your first sip in a safe place.  My first drink was probably only an ounce, and I felt it.  Just pay attention to how it affects you, not only how drunk it makes you, but also about dumping is it is high in sugar.  Also, if you know that you are going to have a bit of wine, then work your menu around it.  Also, remember that with a small stomach, the alcohol isn't absorbed there, it goes straight to the liver full strength, so your hard working liver (from getting rid of the fat) is going to work that much harder.

Cathy

NorthernStar
on 3/30/16 7:02 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

I'm in the camp that agrees alcohol in moderation is fine.

A few caveats, especially for newbies: should be at least 6 months, if not a year, out from surgery. Alcohol is not conducive to weight loss so don't drink in your weight loss phase. Your liver is being taxed pretty hard when you lose weight quickly, so that's another reason to hold off on booze. Careful what you eat while you drink - drinking leads to poor food decisions!

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Most Active
Recent Topics