ugh! weight gain?

Nikki101
on 4/8/16 5:30 am - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

1 year, 2 months post op.

Ive been being good.... waching my eats had a few nit so good a week or 2 ago.. but been on track the last week+ and.... im gaining! 7lbs. To me thisnisnt a small oh well i csn grt that gone easily gsin. This is a problem.

Im also on restricted walking.... allowed to walk more as of yesterday but still experiencing some pain in my foot. See the doctor in a couple weeks about that.

I still msnage sbout 5000 - 6000 steps but thats not nearly enough.

I plan to go very careful for a whike when my other half goes back to work....

But my quesyion is what do i do in the meantime ?

I appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks.

Patm
on 4/8/16 6:45 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

If you are not already than log your food. See where you can make changes. Relying on exercise to lose weight seldom works unless you are doing marathons.

You need to lower your calories now you are in maintenance

Nikki101
on 4/8/16 7:30 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

Im weighing and logging what i can. Im usually around  800-sometimes 900 calories. I really want the now 20lbs left gone. St the very keast what i gained back. I was hoping to get to ubder 150 to gave a decent bmi. But id like to be at the lwast back at 150.

Im going very carefuk this week and hoping it helps.

Ill finish the strawberries. But other than that it eill be mostly chicken and veg.

Laura in Texas
on 4/8/16 2:39 pm

What does "on-track" mean? Are you actually weighing/measuring/logging your food intake? If not, you are simply guessing. We are not very good at knowing how much we eat. It's how we became obese in the first place.

Cut back on your calories and you will lose weight.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Nikki101
on 4/8/16 7:32 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

I have the occasional thing im not sure how to log and guess at. And the rare time im to busy to log. But still keep an eye out. But for the most part im logging and watching and veing careful. Im usually around 800-900 calories or less.

Most Active
Recent Topics