What are you eating /doing today (Monday)

Patm
on 4/18/16 6:47 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

What a gorgeous weekend. Hate to be back at work. A little sore from a bike ride yesterday. Also congested form dog hair. My dog is bad enough but my daughter's dog likes to sit on my knee and shed. Went to bed early with a head ache. I think just from the dogs. Good I went to bed early because my dog had me up at 4:00am to go outside.

Home tonight. I took out burger yesterday to make chili. It did not thaw so I was going to make it tonight. Now I have forgotten to take anything else out of the freezer so I may just use it for meatloaf. That is what I have put in the totals.

I hope to swim today.

b greek yogurt, raspberries

l pea/lentil/ham soup

s cheese string

d meatloaf, salad

s laughing cow with celery

Meggles07
on 4/18/16 8:39 am - Canada

I'm glad the nice weather is continuing today -- I'm going to meet up with my aunt to go for a walk this afternoon. Not much else planned, but I have a nutrition workshop later. I don't know what they are going to cover, so I'm curious to find out :)

Breakfast - ham, oatmeal

Snack - carrots and pb

Lunch - pork roast, veggie soup

Snack - chili, cheese

Snack - pepperettes, pudding

Dinner - chicken, veggies

Snack - protein bites

All water and vits

dog_hair_dinner
on 4/18/16 10:55 am
RNY on 03/01/16

I over-did it with a bike ride on Saturday.  I pushed myself really hard and came home with a massive headache and this general feeling of "I am going to die".  Slept the rest of Saturday and had a long nap yesterday to compensate.  I feel much better today.  I went to the gym and did weights and still feel well, so I think I've recovered.  

I had to modify my diet a bit.  The hospital dietician recommended to my post-op group class to have at least 90g of carbs per day and to get at least 14g fibre.  I was getting 25g-ish of carbs per day and was no****ching fibre.  My iron is also low, so I have to start taking 300mg of ferrous sulphate with 250-500mg of vitamin c, so the iron absorbs better.  I'm going on the hunt for those vitamins after work today.  

Previously I was eating 25g-ish of carbs per day and feeling very well.

Some others in the RNY US forum suggest that I may not need as much as 90, since this was just a general recommendation from the dietican for everyone in the class.  I'm going to tweak my diet a little in the coming weeks and see how I feel.

7 weeks post-op

B: premier protein shake with 1/3 cup blueberries

S1: 2 laughing cow light cheese with 2 prunes

Lunch: 1 cabbage roll (beef, brown rice, tomato sauce)

S2: 2 laughing cow light cheese with 2 prunes

Dinner: I'll update that when I get home and figure it out.

Totals so far: 496cals, protein: 53, carbohydrates: 71, fiber: 8

Patm
on 4/18/16 11:06 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Really important to dr4ink when you ride your bike. Sounds like you got dehydrated. It is really easy now for that to happen

dog_hair_dinner
on 4/19/16 3:19 am
RNY on 03/01/16

That actually explains a lot.  I was constantly thirsty when I was on the bike ride.  I drank about a litre in the hour I was out there.  We stopped frequently because my butt hurt and I was drinking water faster than I thought I could lol

Monica9811
on 4/18/16 12:25 pm - Peterborough, Canada

I take iron supplements and I find the best one is Proferrin.  You can buy it at Costco for sure.  It isn't cheap but it works.

Good luck!

(deactivated member)
on 4/18/16 12:36 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Monica, I sent you a PM days ago, did you not get it?  I can try sending again if you don't have it.

new_me180
on 4/18/16 12:56 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Afternoon all. Got home at non after my exam this morning. It went quite well i must say, hope the mark reflects that. I've been studying for the next one tomorrow afternoon and i'm starting to feel overwhelmed, so i taking a mental break and decided to come here and vent. I will go to step class at 6 then boxing at 7 tonight. Need to beat something up, lol. Been feeling nauseous a lot since Friday and have popping gravol like its going out of fashion. I drink a lot of water so i know I'm not dehydrated, also very sensitive to smells lately, maybe its all the stress, will see at the end of the week after exams. Any ideas???

2yrs post op

B - 1/2 cup oatmeal with protein, 1 tbsp. pb

S - slice corned beef, slice turkey breast, 1oz cheese

L - 2.5oz lamb chop, 1/3 cup cucumbers

S - protein shake

D - 3oz salmon, 1/3 cup curry veg from the other night

S - 1/4 cup edamame

Have a great day all, Nia

Zizzler
on 4/18/16 1:13 pm

Could the nausea/sensitive to smell be hormone-related?  I get that sometimes before my period, my endo said it could be hormones.   Nice menu, reminds me I have a bag of edamame I need to use up in the freezer.  I put a little olive oil, garlic, and Parmesan on them, tastes really great!

new_me180
on 4/18/16 1:41 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Maybe it could be, but i just got over my period.

Most Active
Recent Topics