What are you eating/doing today? (Thursday)

Meggles07
on 4/21/16 5:39 am - Canada

Not too much on the go today. We are transitioning one executive committee to the newly elected one, but I'm staying in my role, so I don't have to do a lot of work for this.

Also, I'm going to talk to the Guelph orientation class about my experiences in the first year. I'm taking my pre-op photo to share -- it always opens my eyes when I compare then and now. My highest weight was around my 19th birthday, so it's quite memorable to me.

13 months post-op

Breakfast - oatmeal, pepperette

Snack - carrots and pb

Lunch - pepperette, tomato, crackers

Snack - egg, pickles

Snack - protein bar

Dinner - ham, veggies

Snack - pudding and bananas

All water and vits

Patm
on 4/21/16 6:33 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Have fun at the orientation class. that is great you are able to help new people.

Another boring day at work then home. Baked cookies last night. what was I thinking. I ended up eating 3 small ones. Needless to say I am up on the scale today. More baking tonight. Making pies from the pastry I made last night. Probably also some date squares. I need all this for Saturday but will be out Friday night so need to do it now. Must hide cookies!

Today's menu is not great. I need to buy some groceries. I have had chili for lunch and dinner for the last two days. No chili today but little in the house. I bought some snack kits last summer to have while working the PanAm games so I would have something on the go. Did not end up eating all of them so having one today. The nutrition is not great for the calories. Need to do some plannin if I am going to lose weight to fit into my summer clothes

b banana, PB

l cloverleaf chicken kit, yogurt

s cheese string

d pork tenderloin, salad

dog_hair_dinner
on 4/21/16 8:01 am
RNY on 03/01/16

Tried a new smoothie this morning instead of having a premier protein shake, since they've been making me nauseous all week.  The smoothie went down very well.  No nausea.

B: smoothie: 1/3 cup lactose free skim milk, 1/3 cup lactose free fat free plain greek yogurt, 1/3 cup raspberries

small decaf skim milk latte

S1: 2 deli turkey breast slices, 1/2 cup mushroom slices, 1tsp bbq ranch dressing

L: 2 cabbage rolls

S2: 2 deli turkey breast slices, 1/2 cup mushroom slices, 1tsp bbq ranch dressing

D: 3.5oz pork loin + mustard

Calories: 892 Protein: 86 Carbohydrates: 82 Fat: 34 Fiber: 5

I COULD have blackberries tonight to bump up my fibre, but I'm not sure I want the extra calories

Exercise: 1 hour 45 minutes of walking total (45 minutes at lunch, 1 hour dog walk at home)

Monica9811
on 4/21/16 8:22 am - Peterborough, Canada

I got totally sick of the premier protein shakes too.  I started them a year before my surgery and a month after I couldn't stand the look or smell of them and started making my own with unflavoured protein.  Much better.  I rarely do shakes now though.  I did try the Vanilla Premier and it wasn't bad if you added some fruit to it but I couldn't do them all the time!

dog_hair_dinner
on 4/21/16 9:19 am
RNY on 03/01/16

I can't even do whey powder.  It's not that the premier protein shakes or the whey powder are unappealing or taste bad to me.  It all tastes good and I enjoy it.  I'm just getting nauseous when it goes down.

Monica9811
on 4/21/16 10:58 am - Peterborough, Canada

My GF became lactose intolerant after surgery too.  Makes it a challenge and more expensive!  Good luck!

new_me180
on 4/21/16 10:23 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Afternoon all. Still feeling blah, but hanging in there. Woke up at 12 noon and had some coffee. Can't taste anything though. Nothing planned today besides studying for the last final tomorrow, then i have to sign some papers at work later. 

Stay away from the cookies Pat, lol. I know it's easier said than done.

B - coffee, 5%

L - 3/4 cup hi-lo cereal, 1/2 cup almond milk

S - protein shake

D - sausage

S - tea

Have a great day all, Nia.

canadianmommyof2
on 4/21/16 1:17 pm, edited 4/21/16 6:24 am
RNY on 03/16/16

Hi there ,

I'm five week post op now and on soft diet.  Here's my meal plan today.  Hopefully in doing OK. 

B: cup of decaf coffee then premier protein shake

L: 1 soft tortilla she'll with 2oz of ground chicken,  1/2 Oz. Tomato, 1 tsp of low fat cheese, 1tsp of sour cream 

S: 1/4 pure protein bar,  6 pork rinds

D: 2 Oz of blackforest ham and 1 oz of cabbage 

Calories : 520,  Peotein: 68 Carbohydrates: 26 Fat:20

Most Active
Recent Topics