Figuring this out- Help!

Scandi2
on 6/24/16 7:38 pm

Hey everyone,

I needed to find a forum or group to help me with my big decision, so I'm hoping I came to the right place!

Here's the deal; i have a BMI of 39.3, I and I found out that I have PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) which leads to metabolic syndrome and then multiple more issues like heart disease and diabetes. For those of you who have never heard of PCOS, it involves high levels of testosterone and it is harder for my body to use insulin. PCOS is connected to these issues because it causes weight gain, and makes it very difficult for me to control my weight. Guess what can reverse it all, including PCOS? Gastric bypass surgeries! Haha. 

My family and friends, as I, am worried about the possibilities of complications. The benefits outweigh the cons, but I'm worried about taking the risk. 

Also I moved to Alberta (Calgary) and am wondering if anyone knows how great the doctors are here?

Thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated! 

Leslie W.
on 6/25/16 6:11 am - Cobourg, Canada

Alberta has a very different process than Ontario. I think your best bet is to go to Alberta forum and find someone there to find out about Alberta.

Good lluck

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Mel1973
on 6/26/16 7:22 pm

"Weight loss surgery support group in red deer" is an active Facebook group with direct tues to newbies and post surgery individuals.

The process is somewhat different than ontario.  The people at the red deer group can give you the low down.  

Mel1973
on 6/26/16 7:22 pm
Most Active
Recent Topics