Wedding :)

wiccandove
on 7/17/16 5:40 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 06/06/16

Yesterday was my first time eating in public since surgery. We went to a friends wedding and I have to say I think I did really well if I do say so myself. Prior to the wedding the groom called my BF to ask if there was anything special I needed for food and my BF told him salmon. I was pleasantly surprised that the cook had made a salmon fillet just for me lol. The rest of the meal was family style Croatian food, which means everything was cooked in lots of oil so I was very grateful for the salmon. Since I was only able to eat maybe 2 oz (I had to guess) my BF ate the rest. The only other thing I had was a small slice of potato and water, lots and lots of water.

I'll admit I was a bit envious when everyone was eating bread and butter (because, hey, bread and butter mmm)  and when the deserts came (they had a sweets table with homemade Croatian goodies instead of a cake). 

People who knew I had surgery said I had lost weight mostly in my face, even though I'm down 48 pounds and 2 dress sizes I guess its not really noticeable, which was a little disappointing.

Overall it was a great day and I think I did pretty well with the food. Just had to share :) Thanks for listening!

(deactivated member)
on 7/17/16 6:45 am

You did great!!!  You should be so proud of yourself!!!  WTG!!

Youve lost almost 50lbs already!!!!  That's amazing!!  Don't be discouraged, you can do it!!  You are doing it!

MonaLisaSmile
on 7/17/16 6:53 am, edited 7/16/16 11:54 pm - Canada

Great job.  

The first time for everything is the hardest .  Its an awesome feeling to be in control of yourself isnt it !!???

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

Patm
on 7/17/16 6:34 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congratulations you did amazing. I think one of the things we need to learn is enjoying events without food being the focus. Having said that bread is my kryptonite I could eat good bread for every meal. 

Be proud of yourself and enjoy your success

IamBettyCooper
on 7/18/16 11:19 am

You did amazing!  And kudos to the groom for being so supportive of your journey ... those are good friends.

TWH ... Referral April 2015 ... Orientation July 2015 ... Psych Sept 2015 ... Social Worker Oct 2015 ... Nurse Practitioner Dec 2015 ... Nutrition Class Jan 2016 ... Nutritionist Feb 2016 ... Surgeon Appt April 2016 ... VGS Surgery July 2016

HW 294.2 SW 271 CW 183.1

Most Active
Recent Topics