How's everyone doing?

Teena D.
on 8/17/16 8:34 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

It's been pretty quiet so just wondering how everyone is doing - for those who are pre-op- how's the waiting going? What stage are you at?

For post-ops- remind us why the wait is so worth it! 

Hope everyone is having a great summer - I know I am. I love the heat and this summer has been just about perfect.  

I'm going through Toronto Western. I have my dietician appointment next week and then in September I meet the psychologist. That's all my appointments done, so the next stage will be to meet the surgeon and get a date.  Not sure how much longer I have but I'm really really hoping that it's 6 months or less.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/16 9:18 am - Brampton , Canada
RNY on 09/12/17

I'm still waiting...1st appointment is social worker in 29 days! Some days it feels like things are just dragging...other days it feels like it's zooming along.

Aside from that, just working away and enjoying the warm weather :)

Teena D.
on 8/17/16 10:25 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Oh I know! Why did you switch, if you don't mind me asking. :)

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/16 4:06 pm - Brampton , Canada
RNY on 09/12/17

I have a few supporters who have already had the RNY and went through TWH. I wanted to be able to ask questions of them and they actually know about the process of the center I was going through.

Faye P.
on 8/17/16 10:09 am - North Bay, Canada
RNY on 11/02/16

Just now got a call setting up my telemedicine appointment to meet the surgeon!!  Dr Lindsay out of Toronto.  I searched up his name and think it is Dr David Lindsay from my searches.  Appt is for next Thursday to meet online and hopefully set a date.  VERY excited!

Does anyone know what goes on at the meet and greet session?  Is there anything I should have prepared to make the meeting go smooth with no delays?

Referral: Jan 2016 Orientation: Apr 2016 Nurse/Nutritionist/Physio/Social Worker: Jun 2016 Meet Surgeon Telehealth: Aug 25/16  Meet Surgeon Toronto:  Oct 5/16  Surgery Date: Nov 2/16

Teena D.
on 8/17/16 10:24 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Wow that's great!  I don't know what to expect because I'm not there yet but I'm very happy for you. When was your last appointment? I'm just trying to see how much time it usually is between the last appointment and meeting the surgeon. 

From what I've heard- you will have to buy your opti at this appointment- they ship it to you so you just have to have your credit card ready and you will get your surgery date as well as lots of info about the surgery.

Keep us posted!

Faye P.
on 8/17/16 10:30 am - North Bay, Canada
RNY on 11/02/16

I had all my appointments on the same day June 14th in Sudbury.  Had a couple other phone appointments as well after.  One for the pharmacist on July 14th and another this coming Friday Aug 19th with the nurse.  I was vitamin D deficient in June when I met the nurse so this is a follow up appoint to talk after my blood work was done last week.  Guessing she must of given the go ahead in June to the doctors or I wouldn't be getting the appointment next week?  All new to me too :)

Will fill in more details after! Thanks for the tip for the opti, will have credit card in hand lol

Referral: Jan 2016 Orientation: Apr 2016 Nurse/Nutritionist/Physio/Social Worker: Jun 2016 Meet Surgeon Telehealth: Aug 25/16  Meet Surgeon Toronto:  Oct 5/16  Surgery Date: Nov 2/16

Teena D.
on 8/17/16 10:49 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

I'm sorry! Now I remember you telling me all of this on another thread.

PSC123
on 8/17/16 4:09 pm
RNY on 07/26/16

I also had Dr. David Lindsay (now 3 weeks post-op). He's really nice. I too first met him at my telemedicine appointment at NBRHC. You should have any questions you may want to ask him ready at this appointment, as you may not see him again until the day of your surgery. A couple of weeks after my appointment I heard from his secretary Valerie (also really nice), and she gave me my pre-admission appointment and surgery dates. They were less than 3 months from the telemedicine appointment. I paid for and picked up my Optifast at Dr. Lindsay's office the day of my pre-admission appointment.

Best of luck to you on your journey.

Faye P.
on 8/17/16 5:04 pm - North Bay, Canada
RNY on 11/02/16

Thanks for the update PSC.  Are you from the North Bay area then?  3 weeks post op, how are things going for you now then?  So I possibly could be around November :)   Yet another reason to smile today thank you!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics