How's everyone doing?

Roma
on 8/21/16 5:22 pm
RNY on 06/15/15

It's not as bad as it seems. The time will fly by.

Referral: 8/14; Orientation TWH: 12/14; Nurse: 01/15; SW, Dietician, Psych: 2/15; Surgeon: 5/15; RNY: June 15/2015

Dlambrecht
on 8/24/16 12:20 pm
RNY on 10/04/16 with

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this site; its an amazing site to be apart of. I am really struggling, I seem to be hungry all the time. I don't know if its because I know that I have to watch my intake and loose some weight. I am doing 2 shakes a day, with protein snacks in between. Then eat dinner (I try and stick with protein based meals). My surgery is set for October 4th, 2016. I am so excited but keep getting frustrated when I get on the scale.

As to the question regarding the meeting the surgeon, When I went in, I met with the nurse, did all my vitals, then met with the PA, she asked me tons of questions. Then the surgeon came in, did a minimal exam (checked my heart, my stomach area, ect) then he wrote up the medical clearances that was needed. I then met with the coordinator who scheduled me for the psych eval for the next day. It seems like since the consultation, things have really moved along quickly.

I am exited for the new journey, but a little nervous..

Donna

Teena D.
on 8/24/16 4:41 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

I think you need to eat a bit more. You're eating like you've had surgery. I'm trying to eat right as well. I have 1 protein shake and 3 meals. ? good luck. 

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

pink7sadie
on 9/4/16 6:24 am

HI all, I'm not on here much.  But for some reason checked in today.  I am almost 18 mos. post op.  I am LOVING it!  I went through HRRH with Dr. Klein.  I've had absolutely no complications.  It's been WONDERFUL.  My goal was to get to 130 lbs.  Last September at my 6 mos. follow up I mentioned this goal to the nurse.  And being practical, she said that's a good goal but keep in mind you may not reach it.  At the end of the day no one really knows how much weight one person will lose.  Well I reached 150, I was good with that, but the weight still came off.  I reached 140, and was ecstatic with that.  Now I hover around 137 and do not want to go any lower than that.  I wear this weight well, and am so happy.

As I said, absolutely no complications.   I could be the RNY poster child.  But now at 18 mos, I am experiencing the beginnings of what I fear is some kidney troubles.  I have yet to see a dr. but will be soon.  Most likely it is due to dehydration.  I do not drink enough water, I absolutely know I don't because there are some days the only liquid I get is 1 / 2 cups of coffee.  It's not good, I know.  This is my struggle.  I didn't drink much water before and I don't now.  I need to work on that for sure because the health implications are starting to show.

But at the end of the day, it's absolutely a game changer and has made a tremendous difference in my quality of life.  

REFERRED: June 19, 2013, ORIENTATION: September 23, 2013,1st SURGEON (Dr. KLEIN) APPT. October 10, 2013 RN / SW / NUT: December 20, 2013 DR. GLAZER: January 7, 2014 2nd SW / NUT: February 14, 2013, 2nd SURGEON (Dr. KLEIN) APPT. March 31, 2014, 2nd APPT. DR. GLAZER: February 4, 2015   PATTS: February 19, 2015 SURGERY: March 13, 2015

Most Active
Recent Topics