Fast and easy lean protein foods

kaymommy
on 10/21/16 5:37 pm - Bradford, Canada
RNY on 02/12/16

Hey everyone. I'm 8 1/2 months post op and am getting tired of the same old same old. Can anyone give me some go to easy protein snacks or lunch ideas. I keep peeking at the what are you eating daily thread but am looking for some more suggestions. If I eat one more turkey pepperette or light baby bell cheese I might go bananas lol. I do find my appetite is back full force so I know I need to be eating some more dense proteins I just need some new creative ways to get it in. I'm only 24lbs away from goal and I'm determined to get there.

Thanks for the help ?

Referral 12/22/14 Orientation 2/27/15 Nutritionist & SW 9/25/15  Dr. Glazer 12/1/15 Nurse 12/14/1545  Opti 1/29/16  Surgery 2/12/16

HW:244.8 Ref:234.6

Zizzler
on 10/22/16 3:24 am

Hi kaymommy, I hear you re protein getting boring if you always have the same thing.  The daily thread is great to get ideas, I still go there to get inspired and I am 2 years 2 months out.  Here are some things I do to get protein in:

• use a low carb high protein shake (premier protein or gnc lean shake or i make my own from bulk barn plain protein) instead of a milk in my coffee and/or sf hot chocolate
  • add plain protein powder to food to boost protein: peanut butter, soup, homemade shakes, baking, check out recipes online
  • powdered peanut butter - they have it at farm boy now, less fat and calories
  • don't be afraid to try new products from low carb stores online, there are 2 in the Toronto area
  • low carb high protein protein bar (quest, simply, etc.)
  • cheese cubes with veg
  • low carb high protein eggwhite wraps, English muffins, muffins, see recipe in recipe section, very versatile
  • coldcuts and cheese made into a roll, these can be frozen for lunches as well
  • tuna, sardines, smoked herring, any hot smoked fish I love
  • low carb pizza - cauliflower or cheese crust, see recipes online
  • meat chilli, stew, meat tomato sauce on veggies, etc...

I would google low carb high protein recipes for inspiration, there are a lot of recipes out there.

Hope this helps, I hear you and you are right to be looking for alternatives to the same old things, it will help keep you on track.  I found posting regularly for the first few years on the "what are you eating" thread to be an amazing helpful thing, so you might want to consider posting your menu.  Best of luck to you, it is a daily challenge.

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

wiccandove
on 10/22/16 9:44 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 06/06/16
inkedgirl73
on 10/24/16 1:22 pm - Canada

a little off topic...but can you tell me what you eat in a day?  I am almost 5 weeks post op...just want to make sure i am on the right track :)

Catherine

orientation HRRH - Dec 10/16, Surgeon Dr Huynh - July 14/16, Dr Glazer - July 25/16, Trios - July 28/16, Surgery date - Sept 23/16

HW- 254

Most Active
Recent Topics