SW appointment at TWH coming up! What should I expect?

AllyceMargaret
on 3/5/17 5:04 am, edited 3/5/17 6:30 am

Hey everyone,

So as you can see in my signature, I'll be meeting with the SW soon, and the NP soon after. In the meantime, I'm getting blood work done, filling out those questionnaires and writing food journals.

What should I expect though? What should I expect from each of them?

Do people get denied at these appointments, and for what reasons?

People keep telling me, "Oh you're so young, why do you need that?" and I really hope that the team doesn't see it that way. I've done everything from Weigh****chers, crash diets to Dr. Bernsteins. I was most successful on Bernsteins, but I became very sick as their doctor didn't pay attention to my blood work or how horrid I looked. Although my family doctor has been on me about my weight for years, he made me promise never to do that sort of thing again.

Thankfully I did a program at Sick Kids for about 4 years, that teaches you about nutrition, exercise, and the surgeries as a whole. Hopefully that will look good to them!

Thank you in advance,

Allyce

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Referral: September 15 2016 Orientation: December 12 2016 Social Worker: March 23 2017 Nurse Practitioner: April 05 2017 Nutrition Assessment Class: April 11 2017 Dietitian Appointment: June 13 2017 Psych Appointment: July 06 2017 Surgeon Appointment: September 29th 2017 Pre-op Appointment: January 22 2018

Surgery: Feb 12 2018

Instagram: @TheShrinkingDiary

LauraLeafFan
on 3/5/17 6:14 am

Hello,

Not sure what centre your going through but there have been a couple younger girls in our centre...they weren't denied but just met with a couple on the team more then once just to make sure they were ready at such a young age.

Good luck on the journey!!

Dundreggen
on 3/6/17 12:32 pm - Canada

I think they will be excited by your age. Less risk of complications, greater chance you will be healthy, should heal well.

And strictly from a cost benefit point of view - you should have many many years of healthy living ahead of you!

Referral TWH: Sept 2015 Orientation: Nov 2015 Social Worker: Jan 2016 Nurse practitioner: Feb 2016 Nutrition (group): Mar 2016 Nutritionist: May 2016 Psych: May 2016 Meeting with Surgeon: July 2016 Surgery!: Nov 2016

So far 80 pounds lost!

Most Active
Recent Topics