Blood Thinners

brynnd
on 3/18/17 6:41 pm, edited 3/18/17 8:18 pm

I am going to my Post-Op Diet Class and my surgeons appointment this week so I'm sure I'll find out soon enough! But I'm just curious because my one friend who is going through St. Joe's was told she has to take home blood thinners/shots that cost quite a bit per shot once she has her surgery.

I am at Guelph and they've only mentioned blood thinners in a very casual way? I've had blood thinners before with previous surgeries where they simply inject me every day while I'm in the hospital. But I'm pretty sure I didn't miss my NP telling me that I would have to inject myself with blood thinners once I've gone home.

Is this something all clinics do on a case by case basis?

Tracks
on 3/18/17 8:06 pm - Halton Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/25/17

I was through Humber and I had to inject blood thinners each morning for 8 days. Fortunately, my benefits covered it so I'm not sure what the cost was.

HW: 335 SW: 310 CW: 287

Cinderz
on 3/18/17 8:08 pm

I was only on blood thinners while in the hospital...3x a day

AngelaBfromwindsor
on 3/18/17 8:33 pm

I had my surgery done in Guelph with Dr Bohjani and I only did ****s every 8 hours while in the hospital! Never at home!

Orientation Feb, 1,2016

Meet Dr.Bohjani Jan.18,2017- 286lbs

Started optifast Jan.26,2017

Surgery date Feb,13,2017- 268lbs

LauraLeafFan
on 3/19/17 7:58 am

Just like Angela....I was also at Guelph with Dr. Bhojani but know others who had Dr Reed and although you had blood thinner injections in hospital neither Dr sent people home with them.

Hope this helps,

Laura

(deactivated member)
on 3/19/17 8:24 pm
RNY on 01/12/17

I too was at Guelph, but with Dr. Reed. I didn't have to bring blood thinners home. I did have the injections while in the hospital.

Most Active
Recent Topics