Dietitian appointment pre-op

Animalloverxoxo
on 5/6/17 7:07 pm

Hi I have my last appointment this Tuesday with the dietitian in Hamilton. I've been logging all my meals, making sure to eat properly. What other questions is she going to ask? How can I be totally prepared? I really don't want to fail this appointment!!!

mybabysierra
on 5/6/17 8:40 pm

Hi I just had my dietitian appointment in Hamilton on Wednesday, I was nervous but it was nothing, she went over the paper we had to fill out, looked at my three day menu, asked what all I have done to change, ask what I felt that I still needed to do, ask what the difference between both surgeries were, what dumping was, what kind of foods do I get to eat after operation and what my goal weight was, then she told me what vitamins I needed to take. I was approved and it was being sent to the nurse, she said I would hear in a couple of week with a date to meet the surgeon, then once you meet him it will be two months after that for surgery.

Animalloverxoxo
on 5/7/17 4:40 am

Thanks for your reply. We are pretty close in our journeys. I will study, study study. This is so exciting!

Smoka
on 5/7/17 5:45 am
RNY on 09/12/17

Thanks for the info. I am in Hamilton as well. I have my dietician appointment the second week of July. This gives a better idea of the timeline.....so exciting! Thanks again!

Barb

Animalloverxoxo
on 5/7/17 5:53 am

Try calling for cancellations. I did and it really helped :)

Smoka
on 5/7/17 5:58 am
RNY on 09/12/17

Thanks. I will. I called last week and they told me to try every couple of days.

mybabysierra
on 5/7/17 7:04 am

Keep calling for cancellations, I called everyday around 9:40 am, that's when someone usually answered the phone lol and I got in on 3 different cancellations. I will keep you guys posted when I get the call to meet the surgeon. Good luck

Animalloverxoxo
on 5/7/17 7:09 am, edited 5/7/17 12:10 am

So exciting!!! I got in on 2 cancellations. My original pre nutrition class still isn't until June 2nd. I will be done my appointments by this week. As long as I pass. I've went through and highlighted important stuff in my Bible. Let us know when you get your call. Are you in the Facebook group?

mybabysierra
on 5/7/17 7:23 am

Not yet, it still says pending I got in on a cancellation for the nutrition class. I'm not sure if we have to do a surgical orientation or not, I see other people had to but that was a different hospital, Ill be asking about that when I get the call to meet the surgeon, I'm getting excited and hoping Ill get a call this week but I doubt it lol. You will do fine at your appointment. Let us know how it went

Animalloverxoxo
on 5/7/17 7:47 am

At my last appointment I saw there was a pre surgery class.

Most Active
Recent Topics