3 month update

Manda32
on 5/18/17 12:48 am

First off...you are doing extremely well with the weight loss, and congrats getting off your diabetes medication and being in remission!! That is amazing. We all lose at different speeds so don't compare (I know its hard... I am guilty of comparing too) your doing great!

There are many different opinions in regards to calorie intake, and what foods (like carbs) you should be or shouldn't be eating. If you are happy with your progress and weight is coming off then don't change it. If you want to try lowering your calorie intake a bit, try it for a week or two like the one poster above mentioned and see if theres any difference, and go from there.

I'm only 9 weeks post op from VSG surgery. I was talking with my dietitan the other day with some questions and I did bring up calorie in take. She said for 2 months I should be in the 800-900 range. But like everything, I think people get different advice or guidelines from different sites so its going to differ.

My calorie intake varies somedays its under 600 and somedays closer to 800, but I'm a month behind you so not necessarily a fair comparison.

We all have different ways of going through this journey and what works for some, might not work for others, so do you and like I said above if your happy with it all, don't change unless you feel you need to.

Keep up the great work.

Orientation April 2016 - Final approvals December 2016. Surgical Class January 23, 2017. Met with Dr. Reed February 7, 2017. Opti start date March 1, 2017. Surgery March 15, 2017 (Dr. Foute-Nelong).

HW 348 SW 316 CW 191

GW 160

leeann73
on 5/18/17 5:36 pm

Congratulations. You are doing great. I am about a week behind you. I don't CPU t calories or protein grams or macros but I think I should start. I cannot believe how much exercise you are doing. That is amazing. I am so tired at night so I ha rny made any time for exercise. Have you had your 3 month check up yet at the clinic. They know your story and your health and will be the best to comment on your calories. Keep up the awesome work. Half way there already. Wow.

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

marielewis
on 5/20/17 2:45 am

I am just over a year out down 109lbs I have reached my surgeon's goal weight but working on a about 6 more I currently weight 131lbs. Anyway my point is I have never calorie counted Everything in moderation I still eat/drink protein shakes everyday I'm more inclined to protein count rather than calorie count. When my calories are too low, I don't feel well

catwoman7
on 5/20/17 11:04 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I checked my records and I was eating 700-900 kcal at three months out. I don't think I went up over 1000 until I was almost a year out.

people are different - I think my metabolism is on the high side as I can eat 1500-1700 kcal a day in maintenance (5'6", 138-142 lbs range). Also, I think obese people probably have screwed up metabolism because of years of yo-yo dieting. If you're losing weight at a good clip, you're probably OK - for you.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

catwoman7
on 5/20/17 11:10 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I meant *a lot* of obese people probably have screwed up metabolism - not all. In fact, anyone who's done a lot of yo-yo dieting has probably messed up their metabolism to some extent....

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
Recent Topics