Second thoughts ?

MonaLisaSmile
on 7/21/17 4:52 pm - Canada

It's a big deal life changing body altering procedure...second thoughts...of course!!!!

It may help just to ask yourself...what's happens without the surgery. Have you exhaused all other avenues? Is this your last kick at the can so to speak.

I was ready because my quality of life was soooo low. I knew something this drastic was my last chance at happiness and making a better life for myself. They say insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results..well ...I was ready for something new....and it worked, I'm glad I did it. I have had no complications but I do worry that it may cause something down the road...but who knows. All I know is my road before was bleek and sad...and it isn't now.

Best of luck...you are perfectly normal being scared.

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

leeann73
on 7/21/17 6:50 pm

I was scared as well. The day of surgery I told my husband to tell the boys I was sorry to do this, thinking if I died it was because I let myself get so big. I am 5 months out today and down 78 pounds. Best decision I have ever made. I asked for Ativan before the surgery and it was amazing. Really helped calm me.

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

IamBettyCooper
on 7/22/17 9:31 pm

Definitely nerves. And remember your body is all out of whack because of the Optifast too.

Honestly, having WLS was the best thing I ever did for myself. Don't let a case of the wobbles prevent you from making a life changing choice for the good.

TWH ... Referral April 2015 ... Orientation July 2015 ... Psych Sept 2015 ... Social Worker Oct 2015 ... Nurse Practitioner Dec 2015 ... Nutrition Class Jan 2016 ... Nutritionist Feb 2016 ... Surgeon Appt April 2016 ... VGS Surgery July 2016

HW 294.2 SW 271 CW 183.1

Most Active
Recent Topics