Surgery Cancelled after starting Opti

Tigress29
on 9/17/17 4:33 pm

Thanks for writing this. I love the line about one day, one step at a time. I do feel like I am completely ready to get this done now. I just want the opportunity to have the surgery and be done with it. I want to be on the other side; I feel stranded on this side of the surgery process.

Not only is it a new diagnosis but the medications are causing me to gain weight... which I really don't need in my life.

I feel like all the way around I am getting snowballed. I just hope that seeing the pdoc in October is going to give me some of the answers I need.

btw... Do you know the name of the pdoc you will be seeing? I have a feeling that the guy I was seeing is no longer there.

Squishy_in_the_middl
e

on 9/18/17 6:49 am

Trust me when I say I feel your pain with the head meds and weight gain. There seems to be no end. It feels hopeless and frustrating. BUT! there is a silver lining- and that is we are both aiming for the looser bench. It may take us a few extra steps to get there, but just think of that finish line when we do get there. All the others cheering us on.

Try not to think about the meds and weight gain (that will only give you feelings of grief and the possibility of emotional eating). Keep your head up and the eye on the prize girly. We can do this together!

I'm in line to see Michael Coons who is the pdoc for Hamilton.

Orientation- May 2017, Pre nutrition class- Aug 2017, Blood work- Aug 2017. RPN meeting- Sept 2017. Dietician and Psychiatrist Dec 2017. Internist- Dec 2017. Meet the Surgeon Feb 20th 2018. VSG surgery march 17, 2018 with Dr. Gmora

Most Active
Recent Topics