Pre-Op. Appointment. A few questions.

NoirChat
on 11/2/17 9:52 pm
RNY on 08/11/17

Hello All! Was just reading some of the recent posts and I can't express how encouraged i feel with your journeys, advice and knowledge.

I am on day 3 of opti, and I need to do 4 weeks. My surgery date is November 28th @ TWH. I can't believe the time has almost come and now that it is getting closer, it feels very real and of course, with that, comes a mix of emotions. I have my pre-admission appt. On Nov 7th and to be honest, I am not exactly sure what that will entail, and I am about anxious. I was hoping that some of you who have been though the pre-admission process wouldn't mind letting me know what it was like and what to exoect. It would he greatly appreciated. P.S. I wanted you all to know courageous you all are and it is so motivating to read about your weight milestones, and your life milestones as well. Thanks so much.

oneatatime
on 11/2/17 11:22 pm
RNY on 09/01/17

Great to see you post, NoirChat!!! I'm so thrilled to see you have your surgery date coming up. Congratulations!!!

Pre-admissions is pretty simple, it just takes a loooong time. There is a lot of waiting, so bring a book or something to keep yourself entertained.

Bring all your medications in their original containers. You will meet with the pharmacist who will review them all with you and give you instructions for what to stop when, and what to continue.

You'll then go for blood work and an ECG. The wait for those is long.

Then you see the nurse who will review your ECG and do an MRSA test, and go through your admission instructions.

Lastly, you'll see the anesthesiologist who will explain the surgery to you in greater detail than you've ever heard, and will answer all your questions. That was the best part of the time there. Super informative.

It'll be great. Hope that helps!!!

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

NoirChat
on 11/3/17 9:55 am
RNY on 08/11/17

Hey Oneatatime!

Thank you ever so much for the awesome info. I can't tell you how having a better understanding of what the pre-op process will entail has helped put my mind at ease. I will absolutely bring some stuff to keep me occupied. And the anesthesiologist info session sounds great as well. Thanks for all your super great info and I sincerely appreciate it.

How are you doing? I know you had your surgery a few months back?

oneatatime
on 11/3/17 4:08 pm
RNY on 09/01/17

Glad your mind is at ease. :)

I'm doing really well. I posted a 2 month update with pics... check it out. It's hard to believe all the changes already!!! You'll see. It feels like it goes slowly and at warp speed at all the same time!!

Take before pictures. Take progress pictures. Even if you hate pictures. You will not notice your weight loss and pictures will be the only way for you to reflect back!!!

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

Most Active
Recent Topics