Consumed by the wait...

TheRealMeWithin
on 1/22/18 12:29 pm - Canada
RNY on 06/02/17

I was the same, TOTALLY consumed with it all during the waiting process. Its long and frustrating absolutely!! But the time will fly and soon enough it will all be a distant memory.

That stinks about Sudbury's policy about 2 months.

One piece of advice from me, once you have passed that 2 months, try to get all you appointments moved up when you are there in person. If Sudbury is anything like TWH, you will have much better luck that way. I found generally that I had way better luck in person than I did on the phone.

Surgery Jun.2/17 at TWH ----- HW 215 - SW 197.2 - GW 125 CW 124.6

Pre-Op=8.8lbs --- Optifast= 8.4 (was on it for 9 days due to cancellation)

M1 - 20.6... M2 -10.2... M3 -8.0... M4 -5.8... M5 -9.0... M6 -5.2... M7 -7.0... M8 -2.2... M9 -0.9... M10 -2.6... M11-0.6... M12-2.0

https://trendweight.com/u/6ffd55753da24d/

LeiLei43
on 1/22/18 12:40 pm

Thanks at least I know that I am not alone...lol.

I will definitely do the in person thing instead of calling. Won;t be hard for me either as I work in the same building.

eLoon77
on 1/22/18 3:18 pm
RNY on 09/22/17

I can totally relate to this. From referral (which I also fought for almost a year to get) to my surgery day was just under 2 years. It's such a long hard process and when your day to day life is significantly compromised by weight related complications it can seem like a lifetime. It's so so hard. I get it. Even now at 4 months out I still feel a sense of sadness for the many months I struggled while waiting to have RNY. All I can tell you from my experience is that it is worth the wait so try to be as positive as you can! I know a lot of the things I stressed about in the great unknown that is post op life turned out to not be issues at all. Doesn't take away things that are causing pain and stress now but know it's probably going to turn out better than you think! Hang tight! You're time will be here before you know it.

Feb 17/16 - orientation TWH | March 3/16 - nurse | Nov 22/16 - Phone call f/u re-entry | Oct 18/16 - nurse | Nov 29/16 - nut class | Feb 16/17 - social worker | March 7/17 - nut apt | March 22/17 - psych apt | March 30/17 - team approved | May 5/17 - surgeon apt | June 8/17 - endoscopy | Sept 22/17 SURGERY RNY @TWH

LeiLei43
on 1/23/18 6:11 am

Thanks for your response certainly help bring a light to the end of the tunnel.

(deactivated member)
on 1/22/18 3:20 pm
RNY on 03/26/17

Hang in there honey! Hopefully some cancellations will come your way.

RosieBelly
on 1/22/18 3:25 pm

Rant away LeiLei - Just wanted you to know that I had surgery on Nov 23/17 and since then I have not had one instance of breakthrough reflux NOT ONE! The weird ticking in the back of my throat when I would lie down with just two pillows is gonezo! I have not had an asthma attack since the surgery! I ate half a banana the other day(previously a Gerds trigger) and it was delish, end of story! I know the process is long and I know we all talk about the weight loss but those other achievements, they make that wait soooo worth it. You can do this. I feel healthier than I have in years and I think I am going to have some Thai curry chicken this week....

referred Jan 2016 intake May 2016 left programme returned June 2017 final pre-sx class Oct 2017 surgeon appt Oct 2017

Opti Wt Nov 4/17 226 lbs BMI 45 Sx Wt 212 lbs RNY surgery Nov 23/17 M1 -18 M2-9 M3-10 M4-8 M5-6 M6-7 M7-6 M8-3 M9-1(so far) Down to within one pound of my goal and 99 lbs down from my highest weight. I was not a fast loser but who cares as long as you get there! I know the newbies check the trackers and the signatures so although I kind of lost track of how the rest of the weight came off, you should know that it was not fast and furious but it was slow and steady!

current BMI 24.7 that, my friends, is NORMAL!!! Strong is the new pretty!

LeiLei43
on 1/23/18 6:23 am

Thank you so much RosieBelly. You have definitely given me some inspiration to help get through this wait. I cannot wait to be GERD free , as well as smaller. I guess some days I just need that rant as I miss my husband...lol. We love each other very much and he is very much in support of everything I am going through. Just somedays I feel such a disconnect from him (on my end) as I am sleeping in the lazy boy and not in the same bed as him. We have only been together six years and I basically haven't shared the same bed for the last 2 years. I respect the process just wi**** could go faster.

Squishy_in_the_middl
e

on 1/23/18 9:24 am

Oh the dreaded wait! been there, still doing it (as I twiddle my thumbs). It has been 6 weeks since my psych and dietician appointments. I am currently "in rounds" the terminology used for the hospitals round table discussion as to approve me or not for WLS. I've called 3 times, twice left a message. On the third call, I spoke to the receptionist and she assured me that they are currently making the calls for December approved applicants (I could be one of them seeing I was a Dec 11th appt). So while I wait for that phone call, here's what I've been up to.. 1) Watching, weighing my food intake 2) Cutting out all the crap that got me here to begin with (chips, pop, gummies, take out etc) 3) Checking in with my psychiatrist to make sure that we keep on top of my major depressive disorder. 4) Attempt some sort of fitness regime to get me prepared for after surgery (thoughts of a whale on a treadmill in my head... bad... bad... bad) and finally 5) Booking my very first tattoo ever!

I hope this wait isn't much longer, Boredom is a strange and wonderful companion sometimes.

Com'on St. Joes Hamilton! git me that phone call!!

Orientation- May 2017, Pre nutrition class- Aug 2017, Blood work- Aug 2017. RPN meeting- Sept 2017. Dietician and Psychiatrist Dec 2017. Internist- Dec 2017. Meet the Surgeon Feb 20th 2018. VSG surgery march 17, 2018 with Dr. Gmora

(deactivated member)
on 1/23/18 10:52 am - Courtice, Canada
RNY on 03/19/18

I've been considering a tattoo myself. Actually, last night was up until 2 am looking online. For myself, I want something fairly small on my wrist that I can look at when I'm struggling. Something to remind me of how far I've come and not to give up or give in. Haven't figured it out yet.

While thinking about that tattoo I think I've also decided to get a 4 piece puzzle tattoo on my shoulder with the kids names and mine and my husband's. But in the middle a pink/blue circle to represent the baby we lost.

Is your tattoo a representation of this journey or for some other reason? I always love knowing what's behind the tattoos

Squishy_in_the_middl
e

on 1/24/18 5:32 pm, edited 1/24/18 9:33 am

I absolutely love the puzzle idea! That is such a nice way to remind you of the ones you love.

Mine is a little different in nature but for the same reasons. Reminding me of the ones I love. I have fur babies as I myself can not have children. So for the 2 dogs and the cat that I have now and my dearly departed spaniel I will have one paw for each tattooed on my calf. The colouring will look like a water colour rainbow in the back ground.

It took me 24 years to decide what I wanted but it will be worth it!

i was also thinking of a tattoo to commemorate my WL journey. I thought of having the date of the surgery on the wrist. So on those days where failure could be an option, the tattoo is there staring out at me to continue.

Orientation- May 2017, Pre nutrition class- Aug 2017, Blood work- Aug 2017. RPN meeting- Sept 2017. Dietician and Psychiatrist Dec 2017. Internist- Dec 2017. Meet the Surgeon Feb 20th 2018. VSG surgery march 17, 2018 with Dr. Gmora

Most Active
Recent Topics