Meet the Surgeon

wrkinprogress
on 7/25/18 1:46 pm

Oh wow.... that didn't even give you much time to be nervous about it! Can't wait to hear how it went and when you are scheduled for. I'm still pulling up behind you on the whole process so this is great information!

(deactivated member)
on 7/25/18 6:44 pm - Windsor, Canada
VSG on 08/27/18

I packed a lot of stressing out into those hours, lol. I just kept telling myself, in "x" number of hours, I will know the answer. Now it's on to trying to get the pre-op tests in before my appointment on Monday, and arrange transportation and accommodations ... And to let everyone know the good news.

Stitch83
on 7/25/18 8:10 pm
RNY on 02/26/18

The Chelsea Hotel (formerly Delta Chelsea) has a medical rate and Lucy at Dr. Grantcharov's office will email you a letter for the hotel to confirm the medical rate is needed if you call his Office. The medical rate there was 135/night (plus tax so 150 total) when I was there in February, assuming it might be different at more popular times for hotels during the year but was still a substantial savings. They also offer half price on parking for medical rate stays so it was 15.00 a day. The Chelsea is a five minute cab ride and 15 min. walk to St. Michael's so your husband could easily visit with minimal cost if he has no mobility issues. You have to call the reservation office directly to book under that rate and just bring the letter with you to the hotel when you check in. You might have other places you want to stay I just found this to be a great hotel with a nice pool and a good rate so wanted to pass it along for you to think about :)

Congrats on getting your date!

HW: 285 SW: 260 CW: 134 Dr. Grantcharov, St. Michael's

Referral: May 2017 Orientation: June 5/17 Nurse: Aug. 17/17 Doctor/Dietician/SW finished by Dec. 11/17 Surgical Ed. Class: Dec. 18/17 Surgeon: Jan. 9/18 Surgery: February 26, 2018!!

Most Active
Recent Topics