Quick Update

(deactivated member)
on 9/11/18 11:22 am - Windsor, Canada
VSG on 08/27/18

Hi all!

I am still reading every day, but haven't been posting much. I'm two weeks post-op (yesterday). I'm very excited to have started the purée stage. I felt hungry a lot on liquids ... Acid, maybe? By the end of the first week, I wa****ting my water, protein, and vitamin goals. I am having a bit of trouble adjusting my idea of what I "should" be able to eat with what I can actually eat. There is no way I will be able to eat all the yoghurt, cottage cheese, and sugar free Jell-o we got before surgery. Hubby will have to help.

I am only weighing myself every few days ... Mostly out of curiosity. November 1st is the one year anniversary of my high weight. I have a soft "goal" of losing 100 pounds by that date. Basically, I would really like to hit that goal, but I won't beat myself up if I don't quite get there. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

The pain in my lower belly is finally gone! If I still had it on Monday I was going to call the centre, but I didn't have to. My upper belly aches if I spend too much time on my feet, but overall, I am feeling pretty good physically.

Emotionally, I am still terrified I'm going to blow this whole thing. Luckily, I have a lot of supportive people around me who keep telling me I've got this. I think it's probably because I still see myself as huge, and after all this time and effort, it just feels like I should see myself differently.

Tomorrow, I am venturing out for the first time since I got home from Toronto. First, I am stopping by work to pick up my paycheque, (nope, no direct deposit). I figure I won't be able to stay away from my email, just to clean up my Inbox a bit. Then it's off to see my chiropodist, followed by Shoppers to pick up my perfume and some greeting cards. I'm so excited, but I hope I have the energy for it all.

Well, so much for a "quick" update. Sorry about that.

wrkinprogress
on 9/11/18 11:58 am

Hey there girl!

Good to see an update from you :) It sounds like you are doing great to me. Just to be able to get all water, protein and vitamins is a feat from what others post. Congrats on hitting puree stage.

I don't think you should worry too much about the scale at this point...you are healing and swelling has an effect at this point as well. Slow and steady You aren't going to blow it! We will kick your butt and keep you on track.

I can't tell you not to venture out because I guarantee I'm going to be the same way 2 weeks out. Enjoy being out but if you don't get everything done.... oh well! You have tomorrow or the next day :)

Great hearing from you! Keep up the good work

SweetRide1
on 9/11/18 6:04 pm
RNY on 01/16/18

Sounds like you are doing great. You have way more energy than I did at 2 weeks out. I was absolutely exhausted for weeks and it wasn't until I was about 6 weeks out that I actually felt like my energy was coming back. I was worried that it would never come back. Now I don't know what to do with it all!

Referral - May 31/17; Orientation - June 15/17; First Appt Nurse - June 26/17; Bloodwork and ECG - June 27/17; Sleep Study - July 5/17; Dietician Appt - July 10/17; Counsellor Appt - July 10/17; Abdominal Ultrasound - July 10/17: Endoscopy/Colonoscopy - July 25/17; Second Dietician Appt - September 14/17; Internist Appt - October 2/17; Meet the Surgeon - November 21/17; Pre Surgery Nutrition Class - January 12/18; Surgery - January 16/18

Most Active
Recent Topics