Meet and greets for October in Barrie area

KnittyVonCrochet
on 9/30/18 4:53 pm, edited 10/19/18 4:52 pm - Barrie, Canada

Cross posting here from the Facebook Groups I Admin or moderate

We hold weekly meetings in various forms on tuesdays, & all are welcome to attend!

Monthly Dinner Night:

October 2, dinner @ 6pm

@ Barnstormer Brewing Company, 384 Yonge street unit 3, Barrie

Come out to dine, chat and share.
Interested in how to negotiate a restaurant menu post op?
Come out to dine with bariatric buddies to learn the ins & outs of pouch life.
You can find things to eat on any menu, its just knowing how, what, asking for substitutions & being ok with not clearing your plate, and taking home enough food to make another couple of meals!
Join us for our monthly dinner for good conversation, food and fun, and as always, support!

Weekly Coffee Nights:

October 9, Coffee Night @ 7pm

Starbucks, 1484 Innisfil Beach Road, Innisfil

October 16 Coffee Night @ 7pm

Williams Fresh Cafe, 501 Bryne Drive Unit A, Barrie

October 23 Coffee Night @ 7pm

Tim Hortons, 2098 Commerce Park, Innisfil

October 30 Coffee Night @ 7pm

Georgian Mall Food court between the escalators, 509 Bayfield Street, Barrie

Please come out and join us for an informal night to chat and share your advice, experiences & issues.
We find this informal platform helps with the often neglected mental health aspect of WLS.
Come out and chat with people who are going through what you are experiencing, or have been down the road before you.
We have a great group of regular attendees of all stages pre and post op, spouses and supporters, and we would love to see you!

Sponsored by Facebook Support Groups:
WLS Support Group of Central North Ontario
Simcoe County Weight Loss Support Group
Bariatric Support Group, Humber River Hospital Ontario Canada

Search us up and join in!

SweetRide1
on 10/2/18 2:42 am
RNY on 01/16/18

You guys rock up there. Great options, lots of opportunity to meet and I really applaud your dinner night. That's awesome. One of the trickiest things so far for me is negotiating a menu. Great idea! I wish I lived up that way.

Referral - May 31/17; Orientation - June 15/17; First Appt Nurse - June 26/17; Bloodwork and ECG - June 27/17; Sleep Study - July 5/17; Dietician Appt - July 10/17; Counsellor Appt - July 10/17; Abdominal Ultrasound - July 10/17: Endoscopy/Colonoscopy - July 25/17; Second Dietician Appt - September 14/17; Internist Appt - October 2/17; Meet the Surgeon - November 21/17; Pre Surgery Nutrition Class - January 12/18; Surgery - January 16/18

Most Active
Recent Topics