Question about Michelles post

jmcrae2
on 11/19/05 11:03 am - Port Colborne, Canada
I just want to clarify something in Michelles post. She had said Dr. was trying to convice her for Lap but it was not covered by OHIP. Are you referring to LapBand or Laproscopically??? (sp) Also I am starting to get a little worried... I am reading about everybody have their consultations and surgery dates. They seem to be going quick. My consult is Jan 13. I am worried that by that time, I will get a surgery date of like Oct or something. I was looking forward to June, but it seems they are already into July now.... I was looking forward to having it done the beginning of summer. Starting to get a lil down, feeling like the time will never get here!
Diminishing Dawn
on 11/19/05 10:56 pm - Windsor, Canada
She would be referring to the LapBand which is currently not covered under ohip. Dr. Starr and the MIS group, do most of their surgeries laproscopically (it says so on the website). stef
Carrie C.
on 11/20/05 4:50 am - Bethany, Canada
Hi Jennifer, I can understand your frustration as I first applied to OHIP in August 2004 and didn't hear they denied my until Nov. 26th so I then was referred to Dr. Klien in Dec. and got my consult on July 6th 2005, my other appts. are not untill June 2006! Then I see him June 22,2006!! So I'll be lucky to have my surgery this time next year! And to top it all off, my husband just saw Dr. Starr and is having his surgery in JUNE!! GRRRRRRRR So i can certainly sympathize, but we must remember there are others that have and are waiting 5 years plus. So I count myself very lucky that I've started the journey with at least some dates LOL. Good luck Carrie
defatbroad
on 11/26/05 11:31 am - Toronto, Canada
Yeah, I waited over four years for my surgery. Cathy
Most Active
Recent Topics