HAPPY WEEK-END

Joyce J.
on 2/25/06 3:05 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi everyone We don't get too many people posting on the week-ends.........Everyone is too busy with other stuff. Understandable. Since I am home, not really doing much today I thought I would post. I just wanted to welcome all the new members, in case I missed someone LOL. Also, Karen had asked people to post their surgery dates as she keeps a calendar of the dates. I do that too. I have some on my calendar but just wanted to remind people to post their dates and if you want an angel please do not be afraid to ask. There are lots of us here who are willing to be angels. The only surgery dates I have on my calendar are Pamela(march), Marlene(may), Heather(june), Michelle and Elaine(july).............Thats it. If there are any not mentioned here please let us know. It is important that your "family" here know when surgery dates are set for. Those of you waiting for dates....Keep your chin up. There are lots of post ops we haven't heard from in some time. If you are lurking out there and reading this, pop in and say hi and let us know how you are doing. We want to hear it all, good bad and ugly LOL. Anyway, thats it for now. I was trying to think of a good question to ask that everyone can answer, but I'm having a brain fog right now(or a blond moment ) I can say that since I am blond(natural LOL) I love the questions people post so if you have one go ahead. Have a groovy week-end Thanks so much for all the birthday wishes. Joyce
(deactivated member)
on 2/25/06 4:45 am - Brampton, Canada
Hi Joyce Just to let you know I'm scheduled to have Open Adjustable Gastric Band with Dr. Cobourn on April 18,/06. I have to have open and at the hospital because I previously had VBG 19 yrs. ago, so this is a revision. Wish me luck SassyGal
Karen M.
on 2/25/06 7:18 am - Mississauga, Canada
Happy weekend to you too, Joyce! I spoke to you on the Toronto board @ yahoo - I've noticed what a nice, friendly person you are. I wish I had found these boards long ago! I'm 3 weeks pre-op and learning so much from reading about others' experiences with WLS. Getting a little anxious, mostly to have it overwith. Anyway... I totally went off topic there. haha I hope you're enjoying a sunny Saturday! Karen M.
swoozie
on 2/25/06 8:34 am - Niagara Falls, Canada
Hi there Joyce, I am still pre op, having my surgery in Mississauga March 10 with Dr. Colbourn Lap Band,, Doing my Optifast now,, which isn't all that bad as some have said it was. I too am home this weekend as most weekends, since my hubby works 10-8 sat and sun's... so l really don't do to much on the weekends.. Have a good weekend...
Melanie H.
on 2/25/06 1:12 pm - London, Canada
Hi Joyce: I have never really introduced myself to anyone. I lurk and answer questions once in a while but that is about it. My name is Melanie and I had surgery on October 4th 2004. I have lost 158 pounds and have three more to go to get below 200. I feel wonderful and am very happy I had the RNY done. I had a few complications in the beginning but now feel wonderful. I also belong to the London group where Shirley Hodder is the owner. I am one of the moderators of that group. I am a firm believer that we need as much support as we can get from everyone regardless of what stage we are in. This group is awesome and I am so glad I foud it, thanks for letting me be a part of it. Melanie
(deactivated member)
on 2/25/06 11:58 pm - Canada
Hi Joyce, I just wanted you to know that I'm having my Lap RNY done on April 6 in Duluth, Minnesota. Have a great weekend!! -Tricia Lebel
Diminishing Dawn
on 2/26/06 12:39 am - Windsor, Canada
I hope I will get a date to add Stef
BarbW
on 2/26/06 5:07 am - Picton, Canada
Hi Joyce, I haven't been posting much, I had surgery Feb 8th. I'm doing alright, no nausea or vomiting. Tolerating diet well, I know I am not getting enough protein in, but plugging away at it. Sipping water, taking iron suppl., vitamin, B12 inj. I tire easily. My main comlaint is constipation, I have been using stool softeners and I bought myself some prune juice which I hope will help. I weigh myself everyday, and the scales are creeping down. My next appt is on March 10th in Rochester. I know someone who is having surgery on March 6th in Rochester his name is Brad add him to your list. God Bless Barb
Joyce J.
on 2/26/06 12:06 pm - Scarborough, Canada
Hi Barb, Just listen to your body. If you are tired rest. As for the constipation, I found once I started eating soft foods and real food things got better Take care and don't obsess with the scale(although I do lol) Joyce
Most Active
Recent Topics