abai96’s Posts

abai96
on 6/19/17 9:27 am
Topic: RE: Excited!

Thanks lady! I'm definitely ready to start kicking into it. :) I'll 100% keep you all in the loop too :)

Family Doctor: June 9, 2017 | First Blood work/Urine Test: June 20, 2017

Referral date: May 6, 2018 | Info session: June 25, 2018

Met with Surgeon: December 13, 2018

Pre Op Diet: January 14, 2019 | Surgery Date: February 1, 2019

HW: 407.6lbs | CW: 307.2lbs | SW: 386.8lbs | GW: 220lbs or healthy

abai96
on 6/10/17 5:33 pm

Thank you so much!!! It means so much

abai96
on 6/10/17 5:33 pm

Thank you so much!! I'm excited to become a part of this wonderful forum here :)

It's been pretty tough especially since I wor****il 11:30-12am sometimes, getting off so late in the day is tough to work out and I have a few friends that are definitely around to help me through it. I applied to numerous family doctors that were accepting patients and I've finally got one! Only took about 2 months lol, better now than never though. :)

Looking forward to hear from you as well!! :)

abai96
on 6/9/17 11:39 pm

Thank you! Yes, it's very exciting and I'm so glad that I was able to get a doctor that's not totally against it (as far as it seems so far!).

abai96
on 6/9/17 4:10 pm

So guys! I'm not sure if you remember but I posted back at the beginning of April that I was going to start looking into the RNY surgery for myself as I am tired of being overweight (as I have been struggling with my weight my entire life). I was turned down by the nurse practitioner that I was seeing at the college I was going to because I wasn't a student anymore and they weren't adding any new people to their patient list, so I was out of luck. Quite a few people suggested to me that I go to a walk in clinic to be referred to the Bariatric surgery @ Humber but I decided that I was going to star****ching what I was eating and to go to the gym 3-4 times a week and apply to a new health centre near my house that was accepting new patients. I've also never had normal periods since I started getting my first period unless I was on birth control, and I stopped taking it in October 2016. I just started getting my period (after 8 months of not having it) this previous tuesday, and it's been so extremely heavy and painful I can barely deal with it.

I just had my first initial appointment with a new family doctor today.

I am so excited to finally start looking into this journey and to figure out what's going on in my life. I asked him to refer me to get blood work done and he did! So that's happening on June 20th. He's going to check numerous things out for me: Fasting glucose, Glycated hemoglobin (HbA1C), Creatinine (eGFR), Uric Acid, Alanine Aminotransferase (ALT), Alk. Phosphatase, Bilirubin, Albumin, Lipid assessment (including cholesterol, HDL-C, Triglycerides, calculated LDL-C&Chol/HDL-C ratio), Albumin / Creatinine Ratio (urine), Urinalysis (Chemical), my CBC, TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) free T3, Free T4, vitamin b12, Iron, Total iron binding capacity (TIBC) and ferittin for blood anemia.

He's going to check all of this stuff to make sure that there's nothing super wrong with me, and then when I go back for my appointment to discuss the results with him (July 10th), I will continue asking about the Bariatric Surgery (RNY). When I brought it up to him today (as i've been going to the gym a lot and not losing ANYTHING. I swear on my life I don't know what's wrong with me), I explained that and he said "that is definitely something that we can look into for you" !!! So he isn't opposed to it at all and I'm sure he would love to help me on this newfound journey in my life.

Since I last posted, I've started bringing up the idea to people close to me in my life. The few friends I have, my mom, aunt, great grandparents, they are all more than welcome to support me through the journey if it is truly what I want to do.

I just want to let you all know how excited I am.

They also weighed me today......384.6lbs. Yikes. I can't wait to hit onederland one day.

Thanks for reading, if you want to feel free to add me as a friend, I'm going to start coming on here more frequently for sure.

abai96
on 4/11/17 11:33 pm
Topic: RE: Nervous ?? ? ? ?

Currently trying to figure the whole family doctor thing out! Just waiting back for a call from a new health centre that opened up fairly close to me. :)

abai96
on 4/11/17 11:31 pm

I have a family doctor but she's in a city way up north and it would be too difficult to see her (she books appointments 6 months in advance because she's that hard to get into).. I'm actually in the process of applying to a family doctor here in Barrie since it's where i've been for the last 3 years. I don't plan on moving anytime soon, so hopefully I get accepted to one of these doctors! I did think it was kind of strange that people can get referrals through a walk in clinic because you wouldn't have anyone to 'rely' on per se throughout your journey. I'm still bummed out about the nurse practitioners though :(

abai96
on 4/11/17 10:36 am

Update......... Just called the nurse-practitioner and she said since I'm not a student at the college anymore (I withdrew last month), i'm not a patient there either. I'm feeling like my last resort is possibly a walk in clinic even though I don't particularly want to do that because I can't continuously see them :( Heart is shattered right now.

abai96
on 4/11/17 9:15 am

So! I have a friend that's currently in the process of going through her appointments in toronto for the bariatric surgery, and I'm pretty sure she's getting the RNY (whenever that comes about).

I've finally decided and realized (or rather, let myself realize) that I really do want and need this surgery to help me with my weight.

I've always been an overweight child, like to the point of being at a dietician at the age of like? 6? 7? I was so young I can't even remember when it was. I just want to be done with this portion of my life and move on to bigger (well, smaller lmao) and better things.

I'm pretty positive I'm over 300lbs, the last time I checked I was at 280 something and god knows how long ago i've weighed myself. I'm 5'9, which most definitely will help me qualify for the surgery here in Ontario.

I could go on and on and on about why I want the surgery, but I'm sure many if not all of the reasons are why you guys want it too.

I just need help and encouragement getting from point A to point B. It would be wonderful to make friends on here and just have someone I could lean on as well. I have full support of my mom (and grandparents!!) but I haven't really mentioned it to anyone else other than them so far.

Wish me luck! I'm calling the Nurse-Practitioner Led Clinic I go to this afternoon to make an appointment with this lovely lady I've been seeing off and on over the last few years, I really hope she can refer and help me with my journey of weight loss in the future.

:)

Most Active
Recent Topics