Mr. Incredible
on 10/3/18 11:52 am
Topic: RE: Hey there

Not good. Someone needs a spanking!

PATS- September 30th 2009
Surgery- October 14th, 2009
orignall goal-200lbs new goal 185'
August 2011-  182- umm.. now what?
The past is the past and can never be changed, but the future is what ever you want it to be.

Mr. Incredible
on 10/2/18 11:55 am
Topic: RE: Hey there

Well, it's been awhile - I'm thinking 6-7 years since I've been on here. It's great to see people still use this service- and by the few post's I've read- it's great people still help each other on here.

My one piece of advice is surgery is a tool, not the complete solution. A lot of it is mental, you need to be able to get your head around the new you. You need to accept the fact that 3 full pizza's a week is still possible (eventually) and is still NOT the answer. Lean on your friends/family and those on here.

One of the biggest problems for me was, well - accepting who I was becoming. Meaning I felt very uncomfortable walking into a bar and having women look at me.... strange but true. Having women run from me in a bar was a little more comfortable (joking). Be careful of the players - don't accept second best because it's what you have always accepted.

The past is the past and can never be changed, but the future is what ever you want it to be.

Mr. Incredible
on 1/16/13 5:06 am
Topic: RE: Reminder::: Lunch - Saturday, January 19th

WTH happened to joe schmoe?  Your kidding moi?  I didnt even have a chance to pick on him.. and check him out.. Do we know he's worthy??

Mr. Incredible
on 1/16/13 5:02 am
Topic: RE: Looking for advice info from post-ops- 2ish years or more out

I was the same way at 2 yrs..   Actually, I may have been a little underweight.   The best advise was given by someone who shall remain nameless.. (cough cough, karen) who when I said now what, replied 'LIVE'.  You look great and I'm sure you will continue to do great, just enjoy everything life has to offer.

Mr. Incredible
on 1/16/13 4:58 am
Topic: RE: Reminder::: Lunch - Saturday, January 19th

Karen..... wish I could make it.. but will be out of town,

However.... (cue music- Marvin Gaye ...)  I heard it through the grapevine.... say it isnt so!!!

Mr. Incredible
on 1/16/13 4:53 am
Topic: RE: Yes...I'm a teacher and I SUCK at math. Help please!

Off topic-   Marny-  YOU LOOK AWESOME!!!!  Wow girl, you're hot!!  Congrats!

angry

enlightened

Brian

Mr. Incredible
on 10/25/12 7:02 am
Topic: RE: Ok, now *I* have a tattoo question. lol
lol- You have a finger tatoo?  That had to hurt.

Mr. Incredible
on 10/25/12 7:00 am
Topic: RE: KCC CHallenge - Day 4!!
I've been doing the challenge since Monday- good news- no one is DEAD!  Mostly water, 2 protien bars a day, an orange and I might try a few mouthfulls of chili tonight.  I really do need to continue doing this for a little while. Maybe 10 days- now that I have the hang of it, its not THAT bad..lol.

Mr. Incredible
on 10/25/12 6:39 am
Topic: RE: 4 months out and halfway to goal!
Congrats!!!!  Don't allow yourself to dwell on the past- My favorite line is "The past is the past and can never be changed, but the future is what ever you want it to be".

You are doing great- and only 73 more pounds to go- then the hard part, maintain and live..lol

Again, Congrats!!

Brian

Mr. Incredible
on 10/16/12 5:51 am
Topic: RE: KCC - Join us on Monday October 22nd!
Yup. Greetings from Calgary. I need a life. Lol

Mr. Incredible
on 10/16/12 4:47 am
Topic: RE: KCC - Join us on Monday October 22nd!
Heyy miss flat ass- good to see you are still active. How are you feeling?

This is a great idea, i wish i had a more reliable mode of internet, i would join in the fun.

Mr. Incredible
on 10/16/12 4:22 am
Topic: RE: Preparing for Endoscopy and Colonoscopy
Yikes both at once! Unless your into kinky stuff, i don't blame you for being nervous. That being said take a deep breath and you will be fine- thanks to great drugs you wont feel or remember anything. I can remember having it done 20 years ago (like when i was like ummm 8- ya thats it) without the drugs.
Your biggest problem will be, as someone suggested is the parking and the loan process to pay for the gold-plated parking lot.

Good luck

B

Mr. Incredible
on 9/26/12 3:59 am, edited 9/26/12 4:00 am
Topic: RE: Disappointed and a rant.
I guess like everyone else I would suggest not to let it get to you.  YOU make a realistic goal and go for it.  It appears you have a realistic expectation of what you want, so I'm sure you will do fine.

I have to wonder though- is the Dr. putting your goal weight so high so its harder for you to fail and increases his success rate?- Just a question.

Enjoy the ride- and enjoy life!

Mr. Incredible
on 9/10/12 2:19 pm
Topic: RE: I'm baaaackkkkk.......
MG girl, I leave you alone for a couple of months and this is what happens!!

Stay well!!

I hope it wasnt a result of a trapoline accident.

B

Mr. Incredible
on 9/10/12 9:32 am
Topic: RE: Please help a newly Post-Op over-worrier...
If the pain is severe then of course call your doctor, but remember you just put your body through hell with the surgery AND you are forcing your mind to comes to grip with new reality of your new better life.

I know it isnt easy, especially with a two year old but remember- sip, sip, walk,rest,protien,sip,rest, sip, protien, walk, rest.  Obviiusly i guess you are stuck with oatmeal for a little while but remember to get in your water and easier said then done but but try to give your body a chance to recover.

Good luck and love the new you!

Mr. Incredible
on 5/29/12 5:30 am
Topic: RE: Judgementalism
wow- you're getting wiser in your umm.. mature years

Mr. Incredible
on 5/20/12 4:39 am
Topic: RE: 9 months with pics :)
congrats!!  Great job!!

Mr. Incredible
on 2/23/12 1:21 am
Topic: RE: OT: Roll Up The Rim To Winnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
Congrats

but... pout   I've had like 10 coffees since Monday, and even do the roll up the rim- on line- and NOTHING!!!  not even a dam cookie (not that I would eat the cookie of course- I would give it to Karen)!

Mr. Incredible
on 2/16/12 7:56 am
Topic: RE: Where did everyone go?
 Hello all!!

Sorry- my laptop died so all I'm using usually is a crackberry.  I found a Internet cafe today and here I am.

There is so many positive forces on here- and its great to catch up every so often. 

As much as I love to annoy certain nameless people (cough, cough, karen, cough)- its great to see they are are still here giving people advice- and of course calling them out when needed.

I promise.. lol I will try to be on more often and chip in when I can.

B

Mr. Incredible
on 1/3/12 1:48 am
Topic: RE: Terrified!!!

Take a deep breath and try to relax!  You are so close, you can see the ring that you need to grab on to.  The chances are- that there wont be any issues- unless as mentioned there are other reasons why you shouldn't have it done right now.

Don't let the panic and anxiety kick in- honest- take every day as it comes.

Mr. Incredible
on 12/13/11 4:21 am
Topic: RE: Not a good day

Don't be hard on yourself- we have all been there and of course done that.  We live in a cruel world- and some people are idiots.  You have decided to make some changes in your life that will alter the way you view the world- less then a month from now you will be waiting to be discharged.  The changes wont happen overnight- and you will still have cravings, but with time- old habits will die.

Good Luck/

B

Mr. Incredible
on 12/13/11 4:16 am
Topic: RE: Declined, declined, declined.... :(
It has to be hard- I'm assuming your an underwriter?  The problem is of course is the insurance company has a point- the more obese you are, the more risk there is of you becoming deceased before your time.  I can understand, if for no other reason then liability issues, why your company doesnt allow you to mention the surgery.  it still has to be difficult for you to actually break the news to them.  Would thet allow you to refer them to a web-site like OH?
The good news is once you start losing the weight, it does get easier to get life insurance- 

Mr. Incredible
on 12/11/11 4:26 am
Topic: RE: So Excited! But Nervous...
Wow- that's great!!  BTW- you look awesome.. and your hubby is a lucky man!!

I'm sure with your help he do great!

B

Mr. Incredible
on 12/11/11 4:17 am
Topic: RE: Help! I've fallen down (off the wagon) ... and can't get up!
Sandy- let me voice what everyone else has said.. relax- don't beat yourself up so much.  It appears that you have done a great job on your own.  The best advise I would offer is remember- addiction is addiction- regardless if we are talking about drugs, booze or YES- FOOD.  In a lot of ways- food addiction, in my humble opinion is tougher to beat- I mean- with booze and drugs- you stop taking them- yes the chemical withdrawal is pretty - but see what happens to your body of you decide to quite eating.
I really like the AA motto- 'One day at a time'- I live by it.  If you make a boo boo- dust yourself off- give yourself a little kick in the butt, come one here for the support- and then start over again.
Good luck- you are going to do great!!
B

Mr. Incredible
on 11/10/11 7:27 am
Topic: RE: crystal lite
Yuong lady.. Im still waiting to hear from you!! 

After over 2 years, I still have issues with water... Crystal light is my best friend

Most Active
Recent Topics