Colonoscopy was not bad at all

(deactivated member)
on 3/7/08 6:14 am - Westerville, OH
But getting there and back was a nightmare. Lots of slippery snow here in Ohio. The DR was even late.

He says I have diverticular disease. I wonder if this is going to stop my WLS dead in the water? I better research it. I was too woozie to ask the DR if this makes WLS not an option. Now I will have to call his office.

One more hurdle March 17th ... heart cath. Hopefully damage will be minimal and repairable.

I am going to go to bed and rest a bit. I didn't sleep very well last night (potty trips kept waking me up).
Linda S.
on 3/7/08 7:34 am - PHOENIX, AZ
On March 7, 2008 at 2:14 PM Pacific Time, Susan H. wrote:
But getting there and back was a nightmare. Lots of slippery snow here in Ohio. The DR was even late.

He says I have diverticular disease. I wonder if this is going to stop my WLS dead in the water? I better research it. I was too woozie to ask the DR if this makes WLS not an option. Now I will have to call his office.

One more hurdle March 17th ... heart cath. Hopefully damage will be minimal and repairable.

I am going to go to bed and rest a bit. I didn't sleep very well last night (potty trips kept waking me up).
Susan, you are in my prayers. I hope you get your WLS. Take care, and God bless.

WHAT WE FEAR,WE CREATE.                                                                                                

(deactivated member)
on 3/7/08 11:57 am - Westerville, OH
Thanks so much for the prayers Linda. I am ALMOST there. Only one more hurdle ...
Eileen Briesch
on 3/7/08 8:13 am - Evansville, IN
Susan, I have diverticular disease too. Unless they are inflamed, I don't think that will stop you from having WLS. All they will want you to do is add fiber into your diet (Citrucel, Metamucil, FiberCon, Benefiber, etc). Most people over 50 have this, actually. Some of my skinny friends have it.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

(deactivated member)
on 3/7/08 11:55 am - Westerville, OH
Hi Eileen

Thanks for giving me some comfort! I was worried it may be a problem with the WLS. The DR didn't seem too concerned about it. I am considering talking to my PCP about getting an upper GI series done, just to be on the safe side. I am surprised that an upper GI isn't req'd since it is the small bowel and stomach that are involved in the RNY.

Now I just have to get through the March 17th cardiac deal!

Take care sweetie!
Eileen Briesch
on 3/7/08 12:15 pm - Evansville, IN
I am , too, because my doc required an EGD (endoscopy to look at esophagus and upper GI) rather than the colonoscopy; he was more concerned about ulcers than than the colon. You're doing fine. The EGD is nothing compared to the colonscopy; no prep -- you go in after a typical 12-hour overnight fast, they spray this numbing stuff in your throat, put you out and put the scope down. I was awake during my last one but so drugged didn't care; watched it all on TV. Other times, I've been completely out. Good luck with the heart catheter. Try not to worry so (yeah, coming from me, who worries about everything!)

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

(deactivated member)
on 3/7/08 12:33 pm - Westerville, OH
I watched some of my colonoscopy today. I was in and out ... haha. It was pretty interesting actually.

I just want to make sure that there isn't ANYTHING overlooked before they move gut lines. haha

Thanks for explaining all of this. I just think it is best to cover all the bases in advance. I have to go see my PCP next week to get bloodwork done for my heart deal so I am going to talk to her about the upper GI etc.

Are you snowed in up your way also? It is really blustery here.
fhgt48
on 3/7/08 4:41 pm - Caldwell, ID
Sorry about the snow and slick roads. You ought to move to Boise we have mild winters for the most part.  The diverticuli will not stop your surgery. A lot of people have it. If you get a diverticulitis attack, you will want to  see a Dr right away to get it treated. You will have pain in the left lower part of your bowel area. It can hurt really bad and untreated can be a problem. You will want to avoid constipation.  I was scared of the colonoscopy, but I agree it wasn't bad at all.  I am up because of restles legs. Not good after knee surgery I can assure you. I hope I can sleep in a few minutes. Diana

(deactivated member)
on 3/8/08 2:48 am - Westerville, OH
Hi Diana

We are in a blizzard warning (not technically a blizzard because the wind has not been sustained for 3 hour @ 35 mph + ... but CLOSE) and really getting slammed. I had a lot of difficulty getting the side door open because of the snow. My neighbor measured 12 inches so far and there is much more to come. I love the snow! I just hate to have to drive in it. It is soooooo pretty! We are having horizontal snow right now. I wish I could go out and play in it! haha

I was wondering how your knee was coming along. I have that RLS also. I take neurotin daily which also helps somewhat with the RLS. I can imagine that it is a problem since you recently had surgery. I am facing several surgeries on joints but I want to get this weight off first so the repairs have a better chance of success and longevity. Hopefully the RLS will let up some so you can some relief. I have restless body ... haha. I get these horrible muscle jerks throughout my body and they can be so strong it jolts me. I am a way off from getting repairs though so I am medicating. I hope that someday I will be able to get around without a cane or walker.

Best wishes to you
fhgt48
on 3/10/08 1:09 pm - Caldwell, ID
I have to admit that I have restless body also. It affects mostly my legs, but does do a number on my arms ans sometimes my whole body. I am on Klonapin for it. It helps a lot, but sometimes it breaks through anyway. It has been 4 nights now. Urug!!!! I haope you don't blow away and get snowed in. My son was without power for 8 days in the Mts west of Reno.  They really got pounded.  The RLS does increase the pain. Have a good day and hope your surgery comes quickley. Diana

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 373 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1171 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1178 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1118 views