Today's Reflection

Laureen S.
on 4/1/11 8:25 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Friendship with oneself is very important because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

What do we need from a friend? Let's think about that for a moment and see if it applies to how we treat ourselves.

Let's start with the basics: A friend is for us, not against us. That means a friend won't do anything to harm us if he or she can possibly help it. A friend is there for us when we need understanding, tells us the truth, and does the things he or she promises to do. A friend likes to be around us, thinks we are a good person, and believes we are honest. A friend shares what is going on in his or her life and cares about what is going on in ours. A friend does things to help us feel happy. A friend forgives us when we ask for forgiveness.

We do these things for our friends. And we do a much better job of them now that we are sober. But do we do them for ourselves? It's a question worth thinking about: Am I a good friend to myself?

Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, help me pay attention to myself the way I pay attention to my friends.

Today's Action

I will have a little friend-to-friend visit with myself right now. How am I doing? What's going on with me? Want to go for a walk and talk, catch up on things? How about going to the new exhibit at the art museum this weekend? 

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Connie D.
on 4/2/11 9:18 am
I took sometime and got away just for me today. I walked and prayed and thought about my life. ....the good and the bad.
I really am doing okay!!

Hope your day is a good one.....hugs....connie d
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 398 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1203 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1208 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1146 views