OT: Grrrr! Broke a belt!

poegirl100
on 4/7/11 8:14 am - Cibolo, TX
No, I didn't break a belt you wear.  I broke a belt on the tractor!  Dammit!  I was just a little over halfway through with mowing, too.  We live on 10 acres, but I have to mow about 3 acres each week as yard.  The rest is pasture.  

Oh, well, I can't change the belt on the tractor by myself.  Hubby will have to fix it when he gets home next week.  In the meantime, my yard just looks crappy.  Half mowed.  I don't like to leave things undone.  

Just a little afternoon rant.  Sorry 'bout that!  Hope everyone else's afternoon is going better than mine!

Vickie 

Vickie 

Monica B.
on 4/7/11 6:14 pm - Emery, SD
We welcome all rants except toward each other.
Oh, now you can start a HoneyDo list and have it ready for his return.

Debbiejean
on 4/7/11 10:08 pm - Shelbyville, MI
Hi Vickie, your post made me smile. WE have 10 acres too and mow 8 acres.
I can't change the belt either when the darn thing breaks.
Both hubby and I mow at the same time, he starts in the back and I in front. I had a riding lawn mower before I married him and he use to do the lawn with a push mower by himself...I made him get a riding lawn mower....and when we mow at the end we meet in the middle.
Ahhh...togetherness!

I'm like you hate to leave things half done. You'll be glad when hubby fix's your belt!
Do something fun for yourself today...even if it's a walk.
poegirl100
on 4/8/11 12:26 am - Cibolo, TX
Well, thanks Monica and DebbieJean!  I felt a little silly posting about it, but it did tick me off yesterday!  If only I had done the front half of the yard FIRST and not the back half!  Oh, well, one of the advantages to living in the country is that you don't have a bunch of neighbors to raise their eyebrows at you! 

Debbie, we have FOUR--yes, count'em FOUR--tractors!  It's crazy.  My husband collects them or something.  Anyway, my tractor is a little John Deere.  I swear, nothing ever works right on that thing.  I sunburn easily, so we bought the attached canopy.  My daughter's then boyfriend was mowing one day, saw a snake, panicked, and in his hurry to get off the tractor, tore the dang thing apart!!!  (DON'T get me started!)

Then my husband decided to buy this attachment that sweeps and rakes up leaves and clippings as you mow.  Great, huh?  Worked one time. 

And it's a given that the belt is gonna break at least once a month. 

I would finish mowing with one of the big tractors, but my husband left the cultivator on it instead of the mower.  I can bush hog if I have to.  But I can't change the implements on the big tractor by myself.  Too heavy for me to manage. 

So I guess my mowing days are done for awhile.  I think you're right!  I'll go shopping today instead! 

Vickie

Vickie 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 392 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1196 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1205 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1136 views