Wednesday What's New?

Patricia R.
on 4/12/11 10:30 pm - Perry, MI
Where is everyone?  It's 8:30, and I can't believe I am first to post What's New? Today.

My day will be boring, elevating the foot, and walking Utley.  It is a rainy, cold, dreary day, here in Southeastern PA. 

I plan to get to an AA meeting tonight.  I hear it is a good one for women.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Margo M.
on 4/12/11 11:09 pm - Elyria, OH
good morning!!!!
trish, thanx for starting us!!! it's 9 here and i am wondering were everyone is as well!!!!!

the sun coming thru my kitchen window is wonderful---it's a bay window that so many older trailers had....gorgeous view tho!!!!

yesterday tried to be a day from hell.....i took my mother and my friend shoppiing--never ever again the two of them at the same time....two lil ol crotchey folks in the same car!!!!! then--filling the gas tank (at 3.99 ouch!!!)-the gas starts just flowing out of the bottom of my car......scared poopless i drove home--we're thinking that where the new fuel pump goes in it's not sealed right---and my mechanic doesn't answer his phone!!!!

so--i changed vehicles and went to school--spent two hours in the learning center working on homework that wasnt even due- dang--- i really like this instructor but his syllabus is vague---we had class time to do it in!!!!! was outta there by 8!!!! i had stressed ALL DAY about getting the work done --ah well.....

so--now i need to get outta here and finish my paper due tonite- i have it pretty well written -need to polish then put into APA format...that may be the challenge of the day!!!!! i am still lovin school!!!!!!

hugs and prayers and thank you all for being here-the threads have been wonderful lately with so much participation!!!!!! and just think if everyone wrote that could!!!!! i know that i have many comments in my head!!!!!anyhow- thanx all!!!!!!
as monica said; you sustain me!!!!!!!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White

weightlossdreamer
on 4/13/11 12:30 am - Canada
Oh Margo, I am feelin' for you.  I'm on the flip side of your situation.
I prepare very detailed syllabi for all of the courses I teach so that the students will know where we are (or should be) even if they haven't been to class.  Your comments about a prof who doesn't do this makes me feel that all of my work is worth it.
My students also have to use the APA  format for citing resources in their work.  It's a bugger to use and a bugger to mark as i have to look at everything in every stinking line on the references page to see if there are any errors.  Very tedious.  I have never memorized the APA format, so I have to look up everything to check papers.  ugh!
Good luck with your paper.  Your comments help me see the student side of college more clearly.
Margaret
HW: 250
SW: 240
CW: 173.8
GW: 150

The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
Mohandas Gandhi

Margo M.
on 4/13/11 1:03 pm - Elyria, OH
margaret.....thx...i feel ya there with me...jeannie lightswitch too!!!!

one thing that causes me to be critical is my own experience as a trainer and developing curriculum.... 

also, as an older (non traditional!!!!!) student, i feel some different frustrations---

and --- i took my college English and Composition before APA!!! my  credits transferred but no allowance for the lack of the info---it's taught now in classes i didn't take!!!! I AM WOMAN and I AM ROARING!!!!!!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White

Patricia R.
on 4/13/11 2:11 am - Perry, MI
Hi Margo,
What are you studying in school?  When I worked on my MSW, I would be up very late at night, killing myself over that APA format, which I never got the hang of.  Thank God, I was able to send my papers to a friend who would proofread my papers and help me catch the snags before sending it to the printer.

Hope the car is okay.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Margo M.
on 4/13/11 12:55 pm - Elyria, OH
trish...im just in my second qtr of my associates degree-human service toward social wrk--ill go for my bachelors and really want my MSW.....when i was typing today; the cat wanted to be on the keyboard and the dog wanted to be in my lap!!!!! and i was trying to understand the durned APA!!!!!

the writing lab gals were great- i had very little to correct-printed it and am hopin and prayin!!!!
tomorrow nite's instructor is a great  gal but she teaches in a very scattered manner- i talked to someone tonite who agreed about her own experience in the past

the whole concept of starting school at 57...wooooooooooooo

- E. B. White

Patricia R.
on 4/13/11 1:06 pm - Perry, MI
Don't feel bad about starting school at your age.  I was in my early forties, and newly divorced when I decided to do the career change thing.  I was teaching in an inner city school, and always wanted to be a therapist, so I went back to get the MSW.  I stayed teaching, and worked part time for three years in a psych hospital, till last winter.  I am now collecting Social Security Disability, and my teaching pension, and applying for part time jobs in mental health. 

When my niece graduated from college, there was a woman in her seventies graduating. 

You are never too old to pursue your dream. 

Hugs,
Trish
Albert Schweitzer

weightlossdreamer
on 4/13/11 1:59 pm - Canada
Gees, I have an MSW, Too.  There is at least one other person with an MSW on this forum.
Margaret

Mohandas Gandhi

weightlossdreamer
on 4/13/11 2:07 pm - Canada
Gees, I have an MSW, too.  There is at least one other person on this forum with an MSW.
Margaret

Mohandas Gandhi

Nancy H.
on 4/12/11 11:11 pm - Traverse City, MI
Good morning Pat & everyone else. Well we are getting ready to travel again. My son, some of you know him, is going back to Afghanistan. I am not happy but it is a long story.

Please, have good thoughts or prayers if you can. He was not supposed to leave the country again. He is in the militery & has been deployed 3 times before. I am still hoping by some miracle his orders get changed, but I don't feel optomestic.

We are going to help him put his stuff in storage, & bring some of it home. Have a wonderful day all!
Nan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 387 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1188 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1197 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1133 views