Feelings as relates to Emotional Eating - Living in the Solution

Laureen S.
on 4/12/11 12:21 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Friends,

Been too busy to do the post, but wanted to get back to it and tell you how my day went yesterday. . .

Over the weekend I shopped for food to help me get back on track, bought the EAS low carb shakes, vegetables and fruits (berries and cantaloupe), prepped everything and so my day started off with a bit of an emotional beginning as something happened that made me feel like I can when I don't feel as though I can count on someone carrying out their intention.  It made me agitated and upset, but I quickly found out where the feelings came from and went on to have a successful day.  I had a shake for breakfast, fruit for snack, a shake for lunch and light n fit yogurt, for mid-afternoon snack, I had a small amount of grilled chicken breast, red peppers and cukes and then some cheese and roasted asparagus for dinner, with a skinny cow bar for snack.  It was a successful day and I stayed the course, which is my intention to do the same thing on this day.

My intention is to really pay attention to everything I am eating, what I am feeling when I want to eat and to make choices that I know are in my best interests.  I will lose this extra weight I put on over the winter and fit into the clothes that are in my drawers ready for the warmer weather.  I accept for today that this is a lifelong journey, that I fell into that diet mentality of doing what needs doing until I got to a certain place and then fell back into old, unconscious patterns.  I cannot afford to do that, it is self defeating and while I recognize this is not a perfect life, I can and will do better.

Thanks for listening. . .Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

shelto1946
on 4/12/11 12:34 am
Laureen,

The good feelings of not eating compulsively will last for days; overeating or eating binge foods bring fleeting relief, followed by revulsion/self-hate/illness/etc.  Good work yesterday staying in the moment and being aware.  Today, you only have to do it for today.  

With you in spirit and support!

Best,

Judy from Waltham

Laureen S.
on 4/12/11 12:42 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Judy,

You are right about all of it, I was full of revulsion and the like and so I had to admit I was failing and invite my HP into the mix, it made my day yesterday awesome and I even managed to deal with an emotionally charged situation in a manner that spoke of someone who was walking the walk and yes, I just have to do what I am for this day.

Thanks for your support.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Debbiejean
on 4/12/11 9:47 pm - Shelbyville, MI
Hugs Laureen!
You did great yesterday with your food choices. It's important that we eat what we want and not feel deprived or feel like we are dieting. It's truly a lifestyle change and commitment on our part. We know when we fall back into our old habits of eating...and we know when we need to get a grip on our emotional eating. It just never goes away...why? Because we are alive and dealing with stress and just old plain life...bumps in the road. We are learning to maintain our course and try to miss the potholes!

I'm right there with your girlfriend!
I also like the taste of EAS shakes, get a big box of them at Sam's Club.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 398 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1203 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1208 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1146 views