Feelings as relates to Emotional Eating - Living in the Solution

Laureen S.
on 4/14/11 1:00 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Oh yeah, what a difference a day makes, woke up to partial cloudy skies, but by the time I drove into work, clouds gone replaced by the sun and everything has that new spring look to it, makes life seem sweeter somehow and renews my journey towards making better food choices, yesterday was a little off, but not bad, just gave in a little, as Debbie's post today was about sabotage, I so understand how that works. . .  I had a 100 calorie pack of pretzels at around 3 in the afternoon, I made conscious decision to have them and at 11 p.m. last night I had two chocolate eggs, as I was fading and needed the sugar boost to stay awake, could not afford the caffiene one, as I would never have gone to sleep when I got home.  So another thing learned is that I have to find something that works for those once in a while late nights, as they can be challenging, eating becomes something to keep one awake, at least for me that works or the other side of that is being at home, staying up later and the grazing. . .  unconscious eating is what grazing is, I think I'm hungry, so let me forage and see what will fill me up, not a good idea and not something I need to indulge in, anyone relate to any of this?

Ok, well today is about making choices, had my protein shake for breakfast and just had a snack of celery sticks with my buffalo chicken (low fat style) cheese dip, should be good til lunch now.

Have a wonderful day and hope the sun is shining where you are!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Debbiejean
on 4/14/11 4:56 am - Shelbyville, MI
Hi Laureen, yep, I connect with your bigtime...I think we are related! LOL

Okay for my eating today...I'm getting a grip just because we have our weight loss challenge thing going on at work, we have 2 more weeks and a weekly weigh in. 40 Teams and a total of 2,194 pounds lost! Now ain't that something!!

I'm fighting a big cold, woke up with a sore throat and now I'm sneezing and blowing my nose every 5 minutes....yuck...and I hate colds!

So today I've had:
EAS shake for breakfast
3 beef sticks
orange
Weigh****cher TV tuna casserole for lunch with baby carrots
banana
2 more beef sticks
drinking my water...wanted something else so I went to the cafe and got me a diet coke from the soda fountain...letting it defizz but it feels good on my throat.
Tonight I think I will have chili

I brought me a case of V-8 juice so I can drink that at night if I get hungry. I like to heat it up in the microwave. Last night I woke up hungry and ate a half of a bagel with cream cheese...shoulda had a V-8!
Laureen S.
on 4/14/11 11:12 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Love my V8

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 4/14/11 9:31 am - Green Valley, AZ
Hi Laureen,  I have had no desire to eat since my surgery, I'm told that it is not unusual for 3months out. But for the last three days I've been craving a Pepsi. Not diet either. Then yesterday I wanted a McDonald's. Now we all know there is no reason for me to eat at McDonald's. It is definitely head hunger. Getting all my protein in daily,  Maybe I need to up my water intake.   Mag  

Laureen S.
on 4/14/11 11:12 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi Mag, you are so lucky you have no desire to eat, mine returned at about 3 weeks and some people never do have that desire, I envy them that. . .  drinking water is good, soda is a no no, you already know that, so just hang in there, sounds like the person who lost a limb and still feels it. . .  you are just craving stuff that you will do fine not having, add some flavoring to the water. . .

annette R.
on 4/14/11 9:59 am - ithaca, NY
Lucky for me - caffeine doesn't keep me awake. It tends to settle me down.

A favorite late night drink is 1/4 cup frozen berries smushed in my lemon Crystal Light. Of course it makes for frequent trips to the bathroom all night. Can I count that as exercise? Flirty Wink
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Laureen S.
on 4/14/11 11:08 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Thanks for both the idea of berries with lemon crystal light, I'll bet that makes for a slushie that tastes good. . .  part of my problem is that I love the taste of everything I eat, almost like I've never had things before, I think in some fashion my tastebuds have gotten sharper. . .  always looking to experience the sensation of how things taste. . . hmmm. . .  maybe I should just live on protein shakes :(  never happen. . .  I did good today almost bedtime

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 398 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1203 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1208 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1146 views