Feelings as related to emotional eating - living in the solution

Laureen S.
on 4/12/11 11:48 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
So I used the sunglasses smiley face because while is is grey, chilly and not nice here today, Margo said it was sunny where she is and hoping that sun arrives here soon!!!

So how are your feeling?  Are you on track, making better choices?  Are you living the life you were meant to live, post-WLS? 

I am feeling better today, having spent the past 2 days making right choices, even with temptation all around me has given me a sense of being in control for the moment and I realize how much effort it takes to stay here for someone with a lifetime habit of turning to food for relief from most everything in life, boredom, feelings of loneliness, angry feelings, sad feelings, happy feelings, social occasions, avoidance of social occasions.

I also realize that eating right takes effort in the shopping and preparation department. . .  last night, I went home and by the time I shopped, prepped and sat down, it was after 6:30 and I got home around 5:15, guess laziness is also a factor sometimes. . .  but you know what, when all was done, I felt good about it and know that I have my food covered for the next couple of days.  Don't get me wrong, I generally spend a part of my Sunday's doing prep work for the week, but right now I am doing things differently and part of that is to get myself into newer habits, as one thing I do realize is the more time I spend doing something the less time I am thinking about what there is to eat.  Can anyone relate to the idea of cooking, you eat less?  It seems to be true for me (lol).

Anyway, I hope that you all have a good day and for anyone reading this, I thank you.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

lynnc99
on 4/13/11 1:08 am
My big positive step is scheduling my exercise. Last summer, I had arthroscopic surgery on my knee and never quite got back to an almost-every-day routine. With work demands as they are, it has been almost impossible for me to exercise for 2 weeks and I feel it.  Stiff, flabby, and yucky!

Yesterday I did a class at the gym, and am looking for one later today. Tomorrow I do have to drive in to the office in Philly (90 minute drive) and will be tied up in meetings for 3 days. But I plan to do a deep water aerobics class early in the morning, before I go, and will try to hit the hotel gym. Then I have Sunday on my calendar for another class when I get home. Next week I will be in FL so I will sign on for a month of Jazzercise. (Won't be there a full month but it's the cheapest way to go). And I am there by myself for a couple of weeks, so I can take in a class almost every day.

Have a good day!
Debbiejean
on 4/13/11 1:57 am - Shelbyville, MI
Thanks Laureen for posting.

How true that we reach for food to comfort us, get us out of stress and at night I have always ate because I'm bored...or feel the need to eat while watching TV.

Like you I like those EAS shakes and of course fresh fruits I just love. Heck, I just love food!
I've been taking my lunch to work and eating WW frozen meals for my lunch along with baby carrots and bring 3 fruits to work. It's working. Exercising helps. The weight is slowly coming off and I'm writing down what I eat.

At social gatherings, I always go...I love people. I have never used the "I'm on a diet and can't eat so I'm not going attitude"...I go and socialize and yep, sometimes I miss the mark on eating what I should....but I just start all over again.

Oh yes, we just gotta keep keeping on! Hugs Deb
karen C.
on 4/13/11 11:25 pm - Kennewick, WA
Laureen and Friends, Thanks for being here. I try to find time to read and it gives me stuff to think about during the day. Hope to get back to posting more often soon. This fulltime working is kicking my butt. Anxious about some of the kids I'm dealing with. They have so many physical and emotional problems. It's hard to not let them spill over and affect me. And when I'm overly anxious I want to turn to food. Trying my best to eat healthy at work and make good choices here at home. However not exercising and that is not good. Hugs,

Karen C

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 398 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1203 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1208 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1146 views