Feelings as relates to emotional eating - living in the solution

Laureen S.
on 4/14/11 11:43 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Ok, so here I sit frustrated as all hell, most days 1000 calories about summed it up, some days it was more likely 900, protein shakes, fresh fruit and vegetables and the scale shows a gain, what the heck?  I am sooo tired of this all, seems like nothing works and I am feeling rather hopeless today, doomed to be "obese" forever is how I am feeling. . .  so I am going to go shopping for a bicycle this weekend and perhaps riding around the neighborhood will help me some, longer days, more daylight, physcial activity, should equate to pounds lost, just have to see. . .  I am trying to remember that my journey was not easy ever and that the scale generally only moved once a month for me, so I will be patient and keep at it. . .

As always, thanks for listening. . . 

Have a great weekend. . .  add to this post as you like.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

J_J
on 4/14/11 11:48 pm - Barrie, Canada
I hear you Laureen!

I have been gaining and loosing the same 15lbs for the last 4 months!!  I feel like all my success is the result of the sugary and now it is up to me I'm failing.

Go and buy yourself a bike...exercise can't hurt.  Try to enjoy the coming summer and hang in there.

All the best,
Jackie

Laureen S.
on 4/15/11 12:29 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Thank you Jackie, this path is not easy for most of us, so I'll do what I can and the rest will take care of itself. . .

Have a great day and thanks for reading and posting.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

shelto1946
on 4/15/11 12:22 am
Hey, Laureen

We don't live in the solution.  We live in today--that IS the solution.  The scale is only a number.  Do not lose the gift of action and serenity over a number.  A bike is a great addition to your activities to keep you feeling good about your choices and actions.  For me, exercise is essential in getting off weight I gained over the winter.  Please do not get discouraged over a number.  It is meaningless.  It can just as easily go down two and up two over a week.  What you ate--things that hold water in your body--affect the number.  I always found that if I drank Red Zinger tea, it made me pee a lot, and the scale would be lower the next day.  Some things are diuretic, others not.  If you work your program, change will come.  You KNOW this. 

Heading out to NJ tomorrow!   Maybe talk to you via email from there. 

Peace and tranquility, to the best of our ability,

Judy
Laureen S.
on 4/15/11 12:28 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Thanks Judy,

I appreciate your response and while I know all that you wrote, I am frustrated and easier to put that on paper than to throw my hands up in disgust and say I am a failure. . .  which again, I know is not the truth, but I know you know the concept of diseased (addict) thinking and so you are right it is a day at a time and I think for the moment I will not weigh myself more than once a week. 

Wishing you safe travels.  Laureen

seasheleyes
on 4/15/11 1:07 am - Manteca, CA
We do so torture ourselves with our thinking... sometimes I think I would do much better weightwise if I had a lobotomy... lol... geez- great idea, huh?
annette R.
on 4/15/11 4:51 am - ithaca, NY
Little Sis,

Throwing away my scale and relying on how I feel and how the clothes fit was one of my better ideas. An obsession with the scale had taken over my life. Every time I walked past the bathroom I had to pee, strip and weigh myself. As the numbers went lower I wanted to see 5 lbs less. That wasn't healthy mentally or physically.

I bought an almost brand new bike at a garage sale for $20.00. Good thing I didn't spend more because I am terrified to ride on the road and our lawn is too lumpy.

Some days I am "just okay" with my weight. Other days I feel like a blimp. Never completey satisfied. Thank God for therapy.

We do our best. Some days better than others. Some days are a bust. One day at a time? Nope, one meal at a time.

Much love
Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 452 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1268 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1263 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!