Feelings as relates to Emotional Eating - We can live in the solution

Laureen S.
on 4/17/11 11:06 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
So what is the solution you ask?

I think it is about being honest, doing self apprasial and correcting what we know is not in our best interest and when we are less than perfect (which for me is more often than not), getting back to it quickly.

This weekend was a good one, I actually found myself choosing the right things and when Tony and I went to lunch on Saturday, I could not find anything on the menu that really appealed to me (ie, was not all that hungry, so I had chicken tortilla soup and a few chips with Salsa).  I am eating well and whether or not the scale moves right now is not the factor I need to worry about, it is about getting back to making those choices that I know to be right for me and drinking the protein shakes last week and eating very moderately helps me not to binge eat, because that is what happens when I deviate too far from what I know is the better way to eat for me.

Well gals and guys, I hope your days are going well and here's to your's and my days of living in the solution.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

lynnc99
on 4/18/11 2:54 am
I have had 2 weeks of almost full time work travel and it has meant a LOT of restaurant food. I have made good choices, kept a protein shake on hand for breakfast each day, and not had a single dessert or total garbagey carb item.

BUT...

I still battle a craving for nuts and have to be very careful not to overdo.

AND....

I had a shocking wake up call last week on one of my days at home. Not sure if I mentioned it here (so if I repeat myself, forgive me!) - but DH runs a wholesale baking company. Their newest product line rollout will be ...ta da....expanding their no sugar added baked goods line. So for once, when he brings home something from the development lab, I can sample it.

And sample it I did. A particular product is REALLY good (like...serve it to company drop dead fantastic). And while I started with a tiny piece, it kept on calling to me until I had eaten 2 full portions. Not a drop in the bucket quantity wise compared to what I "used to" eat....but the sugar alcohols are a problem for me and I know it. But I ate it anyway. And oh man, did I pay. Bloating, gas, and even a feeling like "msg syndrome" inside my head. It lasted a full day.....and reminded me in a blunt upside the head way that I still battle the compulsion to eat, even when I know it's not good for me or that I'll feel the consequences.

Portion control. Part of the solution.

Avoiding the triggers. Part of the solution.

Using common sense. THe part I need to work on most.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 392 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1196 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1205 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1136 views