Today's Reflection

Laureen S.
on 5/3/11 8:39 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Reflection for the Day

My courage must come each day, as does my desire to avoid a single drink, a single tranquilizer, and a single addictive act. It must be a continuing courage, without deviations and procrastination, without rashness, and without fear of obstacles. This would seem like a large order indeed, were it not for the fact that it is confined to this one day, and that within this day much power is given to me. Do I extend the Serenity Prayer to my entire life?

Today I Pray

May each new morning offer me a supply of courage to last me during the day. If my courage is renewed each day and I know that I need just a day's worth, that courage will always be fresh and the supply will not run out. May I realize, as days pass, that what I feared during the earliest days of my recovery I no longer fear, that my daily courage is now helping me cope with bigger problems.

Today I Will Remember

God give me courage - just for today.

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Debbiejean
on 5/3/11 9:49 pm - Shelbyville, MI
Excellent Reflection Laureen! Thank you. I can tie this one in with Mindful Eating. I can handle one day at a time. Heads up and courage! Hugs Debbie
Connie D.
on 5/4/11 12:25 am
Thank you Laureen...this is a perfect post for me today!!

Hugs....connie d
phyllis gilbert
on 5/4/11 2:29 am - frankenmuth, MI
Very Good Laureen,  Thank You So Much For Sharing this !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Phyllis Gilbert
Margo M.
on 5/4/11 7:47 am - Elyria, OH
wonderful!!!! how often we get wrapped up worrying about tomorrow!!!!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 398 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1203 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1208 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1146 views