Morning All - It's Tuesday - What's Gnu?

Laureen S.
on 5/16/11 7:30 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning,

Well I was awakened by the sound of rain pounding on my neighbor's hot tub cover, along with their boat tarp, which are pretty much right outside my bedroom windows, so I've been up for over an hour now and figured I would start us up this morning.

Having my coffee, reading email and in short few minutes will get myself ready for work, exciting does not exactly describe my day ;)

Hoping that you all have a good day, sending good vibes out to my friends here and special prayers for peace and strength to get those of you with challenging situations through.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Patricia R.
on 5/16/11 7:58 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Laureen and OFF Family,
I am not feeling well this morning, so I am going to lay low today.  I have a psychiatric appointment, and that is it for me.  Nothing else is going on.  Sinuses are acting up, and head hurts.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

carlak
on 5/16/11 8:24 pm - Bradenton, FL
 Good Morning,
Nothing much going on today but work. I am gearing down to traveling on Thursday. I need to go to chicago for the weekend to see my daughter. I have to go and do wedding stuff with her. 
Friday I amm taking a day for my self. Meeting pat r and phyllis in Sturgis for lunch and going to Benton harbor to get my birth certificate so I can rebuy a passport so Carl and I can go on a cruise in November..
I am picking up my dress today for the wedding.
I was up most of the night tonight with screaming pain in my arm and shoulder. I am having swelling in my arm from the shot of cortizone i got on friday not sure why but it is swollen from the shot the lymph nodes didnt like the shot!!!!.
Hope all is well with everyone. 
Carla
image hosting site

Monica B.
on 5/16/11 9:10 pm - Emery, SD
Sober 196 days and so proud of me.
Overcast and cool here, beautiful weather really.
Not much going on. Heard from Bev, she sounds wonderful.
Keeping a low profile, knees both, hurt with weather changes. Hubby crumpy, oh well.
Angus, our son, making progress westward. Made it to Ohio and onto Wisconsin. Driving thru lots of rain.
All be well and enjoy your Tuesday. Will be making my daily White House and Congressional call later. My list grows.
Hugs, Monica

Debbiejean
on 5/16/11 10:09 pm - Shelbyville, MI
Good morning Laureen and OFF family to post later.

It will be another busy work day for me, having my No one dies alone volunteers coming in today to get their competency/reviews done along with demonstration proper hand washing.
My boss is out for the rest of the week at a big conference so I will be the only one in the office doing my thing!

Well I walked around the hospital today (one mile) then after work I worked out in the pool. My back has been killing me lately (maybe from lifting my grand babies around). All is well on the home front, hubby has several jobs lined up this summer, hard work he does (he's a mason) but we are blessed he is working once again.

Everyone have a great day, sending those in need of prayers and hugs! Debbie
grammylew
on 5/16/11 10:32 pm - Jacksonville, NC
Good mornin' ya'll.
Yesterday we went for our pre colonoscopy bloodwork. They told us to wait in the waiting room for 15 min to be sure the tests were OK. We waited and waited. Finally went up and was told the lab was backed up, if we wanted to go do something in town go ahead and they would call us. So we went to Walmart, then to Starbucks. Of course, we couldn't eat anything. We finally called and they told us there was a problem with the lab equipment. We came home to begin our prep. We didn't get a call, so I assume the blood tests were OK. Consequently, we were over 2 hours late getting our prep started. So, we were both running all afternoon, evening and most of the night.
Up this morning and started our drinking again. They spread our prep over 2 days because last time I couldn't keep it down. No problem this time. My DH has agreed to go on an EAS diet with me when we are done with this. We both need a jump start to get our weight going down again and this is it!
So, on to more pleasant things. Our weather is fantastic, our DIL's headaches are under control, Amanda's afghan will be done by the weekend, and I have the material to do another costume!
Everyone have a fantabulous day!

Grammylew in Jax

karen C.
on 5/16/11 10:40 pm - Kennewick, WA

Good Morning right back atcha Laureen and friends,

Just a quick note as I'm sure the phone will be ringing soon with a "sub" assignment. It's so hard to say no this time of year as teachers and aides are taking personal and sick days and there are not enough subs.

Went through 100s of photos last night. Kristin (daughter in law to be) is having friends put together a power point for the wedding. It was a  trip down memory lane for sure! Now I either have to figure out how to scan and save them to my computer to email or go to Walgreens. .  .I'll probably do that later. If it isn't too expensive it will probably save time and perhaps the cost of a new computer and printer. I can see myself putting my foot through both after a couple of hours of trial, error, and no success. My patience has not improved with age!

Went our to the wildlife refuge office and paid $10.00 for my Federal Lands Access Pass. Lifetime pass (age 62) bonus that gets me into National Parks(free)  and camping areas at a 50% discount. Instead of $22.00 per night for my tent camping I'll have $11.00 to go in the gas tank!

We have a potluck for about 25 of our retired teaching friends here at our house on Thursday. Hopefully our nice weather will be back so that we can be in and out on the deck. We've had stormy, windy weather the past couple of days. So far the tomato plants and my annuals that are just about a week in the soil are standling tall!

Must get in gear. Sending positive vibes your way.

Karen C

annette R.
on 5/16/11 11:07 pm - ithaca, NY
Raining Hearts Rain is good when you have well water.
My X is having open heart surgery on Thursday. He has a very fatalistic attitude. He has his will in order, made arrangements for the business and house, his little dog will go to our oldest granddaughter, he even wrote his own obituary. I decided to call and wish him well. That made him cry.

It is way past normal breakfast time. Better get moving or the entire day will be out of whack.

Kisses
Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Laureen S.
on 5/16/11 11:13 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Rain is good, but so is sleep ;)

Hoping that your X does better than he expects. . .

Hugs, L

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Margo M.
on 5/16/11 11:22 pm - Elyria, OH
it may seem fatalistic but its practical...if his time is up no one else has to make the plans...
i will be praying for positive results for him.....

and sending you a hug just cuz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 398 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1203 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1208 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1146 views