Hi! New to this forum!

Laureen S.
on 6/19/11 11:48 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi Lynn,

You've gotten a great welcome from a number of the people who populate this board and let me tell you this is truly one of the best forums around!  I jumped on board here in July of 07 several months before my surgery and I've been coming back ever since and have even had the pleasure of meeting a number of the gals on here (oh and one of the gentlemen as well, though most of them seem to be lurkers (lol)).

As for regrets, none here, like others have said, only that I waited too long. . . 

As for your procedure, I've been hearing more and more people having it, but most of the people I know have had RNY, however, what you are embarking on is a road that will lead you to a healthier and more active lifestyle and as for the regain issue, I speak honestly and the reality is that once the tool has done it's part, with your help, it then becomes about you doing your part to keep the weight off, not so very different than before we had surgery, it will then become about calories in, calories out, in other words staying the course by making healthier choices via food and exercise. 

I had my surgery in October 2007, considered a light-weight with about 100 lbs. to lose, my lowest weight was 156 and I am now at about 180, working hard at losing my regain, of which I will be happy to lose 15 lbs. 

It's a roller coaster ride, but one that will find you enjoying your life more fully and from the sound of it, you have a great family.

Good luck and look forward to getting to know you.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Debbiejean
on 6/19/11 9:53 pm - Shelbyville, MI
Welcome Lynn and keep posting. This is a wonderful support forum.

I love my tool, love my RNY, I'm termed a "revision" because in 1980 I have Gastroplasty (stomach stapled). I had regain but am working my tool and taking the pounds off slowly.
No regrets, just counting my blessings! Debbie
poegirl100
on 6/20/11 3:23 am - Cibolo, TX
Hi Lynn, Welcome to OFF!  This is a wonderful place for love, support and wisdom from a fabulous group of women.  I'm almost 4 months post-op and I have NO regrets!  I'm already feeling so much better and so much more like ME again. 

Hope you will keep posting and we can get to know you.  Glad you are here!

Vickie 

Lynn5707
on 6/20/11 6:45 am - IN
Thanks again for the warm welcome!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 401 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1206 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1210 views